Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Boycotting Disney?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

2starTagregory is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chululli View Post
Well..Its a nice thought, but it would be pretty improbable...only about 25% of the people who play vmk go to WDW DLR or Disneyland total..so what about the other 75%? We cant really get them to..
Basically..i guess you could say Disney can afford to lose 25%, butthen again, losing that and vmk is losing their precious cash.
DON'T GO TO ANY DISNEY SITES! OR WATCH DISNEY CHANNEL!

With their hit count going down, they will suspect its us and have to keep the game open
Old 04-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered+

bopper is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavvysFriend View Post
^ You would NOT go to WDW just because of VMK's closing?
I am annoyed with Disney so right now I have no plans to go to Disney and would not make it a priority.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Can I be a "Registered-"?
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Zimonada is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFireworkZach View Post
If 25% of Disneyland's visitors played VMK, then VMK would still be open right now and it's servers would be over-flowing. I bet maybe 0.01% or maybe even something crazy like 1% of Disneyland visitors play VMK.

That would never work, Disney is too big and a loss of a few thousand people on a yearly basis would mean practicly nothing to them. It is an interesting idea and would possibly work if VMK actually had a larger community but VMK is way too small.

- Zach
It's 25% of VMK'ers that go to Disneyland, not 25% of people who go to Disneyland play VMK.

Boycotting Disney would be wasted effort on our parts. First, it's because I still love Disney anyway. Secondly, they won't care much if 7000ish people boycott them, considering that we would only be a very small percentage of Disney's total consumers. And as mentioned before, you'd only be hurting other divisions that weren't involved in this.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
♥ DREAMER ♥

Annaso is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I know some of you think that this is taking it too seriously, or it won't make a difference, but this brings me back to petitions and letters.

Please, if you really care about VMK, you should understand that after all these letters won't make a difference. It's the truth. So, it has come to the point where this is the only solution I can come up with.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Keep VMK Alive!!!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
HaveAMagicalDay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Boycotting is a little much, what's a near hundred thousand to Disney parks?

Now, if those who play other Disney online games, like TT, CP, and POTCO, stop paying, it would get there attention, it's a smaller number compared to how many go to DLR or WDW. I've already payed for POTCO for a year, so I won't be quitting it, I want my moneys worth lol (even though the can be just as lazy as VMK, but hey, that's Disney).

~HAMD