Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old VMK open to testers??

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:26 PM
music+skating=kelly.o

My Mood: Confused
kelly.o is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK open to testers??

So i was browsing on youtube and I stumbled upon some comments that VMK is open but only to its testers.Could this be true?? And these comments are as reccent as 4 weeks ago

Sig was made by me Mean Green Kelly.o The flip hat crew
I wanted to be Part of your world before it was cool
Old 07-12-2012, 12:28 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I doubt this is true considering you can't even access vmk's homepage. Normally when a game is in the testing process, the homepage is open to everyone notifying them of when the actual game will open. If it turns out to be true that would be awesome, but I really doubt that it's. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Finally Back
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Happy
PirateInferno is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I wonder if they're referring to the new "fan-based" VMK? It's sort of a coding project going on, and yes, their staff and testers are allowed in. However, this is a project that has gone on for more than a year. While they do expect to let people in this summer, I have my doubts it will be done too soon. The person who is coding it is using Python and seems competent, so no doubt whenever it is released we will have a very similar game on our hands.

Unfortunately, Disney still owns the rights to VMK, so I'm thinking legal issues may soon arise. Here's hoping that won't be the case though.

Last edited by Jezzi; 07-12-2012 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: Advertising
Old 07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Dunno
Dragon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateInferno View Post
I wonder if they're referring to the new "fan-based" VMK? It's sort of a coding project going on, and yes, their staff and testers are allowed in. However, this is a project that has gone on for more than a year. While they do expect to let people in this summer, I have my doubts it will be done too soon. The person who is coding it is using Python and seems competent, so no doubt whenever it is released we will have a very similar game on our hands.

Unfortunately, Disney still owns the rights to VMK, so I'm thinking legal issues may soon arise. Here's hoping that won't be the case though.
wouldnt they just buy the rights for it? I mean, is that even possible? Its not like Disney is going to be using the rights for VMK anytime soon...
Old 07-14-2012, 02:18 AM
Finally Back
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Happy
PirateInferno is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm not so sure Disney would sell the rights to a game that was a promotion for their theme park. :/

It's not an issue with Disney owning VMK. The issue is that the game is still based in a place that Disney owns and created.