Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > This week in VMK Archive

This week in VMK Archive no posting

Old This Week in VMK (January 19-25)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
This Week in VMK (January 19-25)

This Week in VMK!
January 19-25

Welcome to the latest installment of our new feature, This Week in VMK!
Take a peek into VMK's past as we remember some of the things that were happening...this week in VMK!

Click on the links to get more information from our VMK DOW wiki!

2006:

January 20th:

Released

The WDW Pop Century pin is released as part of the Hotel Pins (Part I) set.

Newsletter
January Is Monsters Month!
Frontierland Is Here!
VMK Monster Maze is here and the Newsletter provides some VMK Monster Maze Information
Mickey is hiding again- time to start looking for the newest batch of Hidden Mickeys
VMK Profiles- An interview with VMK_Nimue
Top Players: CL_Danola, HaoleByDesign, CL_KuyaJeff, redchanel, and Indigobluebird

January 20th-22nd
VMK Monster Maze Event

Quote:
Get ready to have some monstrous fun, VMK-style. In honor of Monster Month, VMK staff members have pooled their talents and created the VMK Monster Maze. There are several start rooms, each with a different color scheme but all ending in the same place. Be sure to try them all.

When:
Friday January 20, 2:30pm - 8:30pm
Saturday January 21, 8:30am - 7:30pm
Sunday January 22, 8:30am - 7:30pm

Where:
Look for Guest Rooms with the name Monster Maze Start, owned by VMK_Babs.

What to do:
Start in any Monster Maze start room and find your way to the end, where a member of the VMK Host team will be waiting to take your name. One pair of Purple Door Teleporters will be awarded to each Player who successfully completes the Monster Maze. Prizes will be awarded before VMK opens on Monday.

Things to know:
  • Some Players like to create rooms with the same name. Be sure you are entering a room with the right name and owner.
  • When you reach the end of the Monster Maze, the Host will record your name; prizes will be awarded later. Please exit the room when asked, or the Host will have to boot you in order to make room for others.
  • You may enter and complete the Monster Maze as many times as you like. However, you will only receive one prize, regardless of the path you take.
  • Community Leaders who wish to assist can be found in maze rooms, giving directions and answering questions.
The VMK Monster Maze Event had players making their way through the VMK Monster Maze. Despite several start rooms owned by HOST_Babs, long lines and disconnecting were still common experiences. Players who made their way successfully through the VMK Monster Maze would have their names written down upon reaching the final room. Although players could go through the maze as many times as they wished, they would only be awarded one prize. The prize for completing the maze was a Monsters Inc Teleporter Purple.

January 24th:

Retired

The WDW Pop Century pin is retired.

2007:

January 19th:
Released

The HKDL Disneyland Hotel pin is released as part of the Hotel Pins (Part III) set.

January 21st:
Play Fin's Blue Bayou Quest

Players who complete Fin's Blue Bayou Quest today receive a Bamboo Floor Blue, a Haunted Mansion Rocking Chair Blue, and a Tiki Tiki Tiki Fountain.

January 22nd:
Retired

The HKDL Disneyland Hotel pin is retired.

Newsletter

Yavn Speaks about a the new In Park Animation Quest, Mint Juleps, Epcot in VMK, and a big VMK Football Maze in honor of Superbowl
Event info tells players about happening and upcoming events such as the VMK New Year's Quest, the VMK Disney Animation Quest Launch, and VMK Football Maze
Push demands to know if players can answer his "Art on Demand" question
Top Players this week
Click the image to view the full version
Pursuit- The Pirate's Hide Out

icecoolio- The Mountain of Presents Ride

Freddys- Do You Fit the Slipper? (Game)

dizpinfriend- Palace of Pink Quest

KEBSD- A Pirate's Snow Day Quest

2008:

January 19th:
Released

Teleportation Magic Single Use and Cursed Storm Magic Single Use are released.

Re-released

The Sorcerer Mickey Hat and PhilharMagic Chair Color Green are re-released.

January 21st
Newsletter
The Event Info sheds some light on the magic of this month
Top Players
goldengourd- Golden Princess's Castle Rides

AdventureJulius- The Tiki Safari Game

PMURRZ-p- The Lazy People of Today Quest

January 23rd:

Main Street Magic Shop Opens!

The Main Street Magic Shop opens its doors to players. The entrance is added to Central Plaza and inside players can shop or play a game of magical checkers.

Main Street Magic Shop Checkers

A new game in VMK! With Main Street Magical Checkers Players can challenge each other in a checkers game with a magical twist!

In the Newsletter, the Yeti tells players all about this new game.

Released

Checkers related pins are released! All players who play the Main Street Magical Checkers get the Magic Checkers Pin which keeps tracks of their wins and allows them to be challenged to games by other players.

Players can purchase the Magic Checkers Levitation Single Use and Magic Checkers Sleight of Hand Single Use pins which are magic pins that can be used during a checkers game to help give players an edge over their opponent.

Penny Arcade Opens!

The Penny Arcade invites players to play some arcade games. The entrance is added to Main Street and inside players can find arcade game machines (all of which play the Water Parks Game)

Arcade Invasion!
VMK Central

Pirate Treehouse

Blue Bayou

Injun Joe's Cave

Banquet Hall

Space Mountain Quest Deck

Arcade games invade different areas of VMK. Players can now find arcade games in VMK Central, the Pirate Treehouse, the Blue Bayou, Injun Joe's Cave, the Banquet Hall, and the Space Mountain Quest Deck.

Hidden Mickey Part 2 Quest is Retired

The Hidden Mickeys Part 2 Quest is retired. Players can no longer win the Bronze Mickey II, Silver Mortimer II, or Gold Oswald II pins.

Retired

The Tomorrowland Arcade prizes of Tron Chair Blue, Tron Table Blue, Tron Arcade Cabinet, Deep Sea Diving Jacket, Deep Sea Diving Trousers, Deep Sea Diving Boots are retired.

January 24th:

Arcade Cabinet Tweaks

The Arcade Cabinets in Injun Joe's Cave are moved to the Frontierland Dock

The Arcade Cabinet that was facing the wrong direction in the Penny Arcade is corrected

The Arcade Cabinets in the Pirate Treehouse are split apart

Newsletter
New Magic 101 Section
Dateline Disney

January 24

1993: Mickey's Toontown opens at Disneyland Park in California.

The land features Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Mickey and Minnie's home away from Disneyland and cartoon buildings and gags that encourage Park Guest to get animated and have fun!

2000: The Walt Disney Company names Robert Iger as its president and chief operating officer. Prior to that, Iger served as president for both ABC and Walt Disney International. Robert replaced longtime CEO, Michael Eisner in 2005.

2006: Pixar Animation Studios becomes a part of the Walt Disney Company. Pixar, responsible for such classics as Toy Story joins the Walt Disney Company in a deal that brings the two partners together as one.

January 25th:
Newsletter:
Room Makeover
thisisjesse's Underwater Tiki Hide Away

Thanks for reading and join us again next week as we remember VMK's past
Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
2006: I remember those doors!
2007: I actually remember all that stuff.
2008: YAY checkers!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 PM
hmmm! (:
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Trivia Winner Patriot 2010 Award Trivia Winner Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 20

My Mood: Woah
Pink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with ConfettiPink_Bink is covered with Confetti
ooh!
I loved playing checkers. :]
Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Checkers.. loved it. Cookies was too good though. LOL
Old 01-20-2009, 01:45 AM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
I loved searching for Hidden Mickeys in VMK. I ended up not finding them all, but I was close.

The Main Street Magic Shop Checkers was one of my favorite games. It was fun to play, even though I never made it on the High Score List.

~Earth
Old 01-20-2009, 03:58 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I remember all of that
Old 01-20-2009, 04:08 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
2006: The Pop Century Pin was my favorite pin because it was the resort that I stayed at during my last trip and I loved it! I loved all of the super-sized stuff! I don't exactly have fond memories of the Monster Maze. I was never able to complete it because I kept DCing .

2007: I remember collecting the hotel pins.

2008: I don't remember some of those changes. I think this was the time where I start my couple-month break from the game. I probably won't be able to reply to these for a while now.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 01-20-2009, 04:26 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMK
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
The Pop Century Pin and the Grand Floridian Pin were my favorites pins
Old 01-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
2006: Didn't play yet
2007: Check in KEBSD's winning room and I'm sitting in a pirate ship LOL (Btw, that was a look for joking around LOL right before Troy hair)
2008: All those changes I could never forget.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
I remember doing dizpinfriends Palace OF Pink quest. I also remember i could never win best quest room and lose to people who would already have one it before -.-
Old 01-20-2009, 03:24 PM
No day but today

buddygirl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I remember all of that stuff
Its so sad
Old 01-20-2009, 11:14 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Cool! I remember everything, I used to be so poor that I could not have a storage room for my doors, so I sold em all... then the thing ended >.<
Old 01-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Kingdom Hearts # 1 Fan

My Mood: VMK
AdamRocksIt is spinning in a Cursed Storm
we need vmk back ..now..
Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 PM
- Sleeping -
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: NotAmused
thisisjesse is spinning in a Cursed Storm
OMG² MY ROOM MAKEOVER!!! WOOHOO!!

I was so CRAZY EXCITED!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
2006... favorite year on VMK. Favorite VMK Pin and my favorite teleporter in the same week.