Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Films

Disney Films Once upon a time, before the evil Shareholders came along and ruined everything, Disney made movies like THIS...>>*<<

Old Toy Story 3

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Toy Story 3

After making several attempts, arguing with Pixar, and shelving a couple versions of Toy Story 3 against all odds Disney made this much anticipated film. In just one weekend Toy Story 3 made $109 million in the US alone. Toy Story 3 became the third animated film to top $100 million in the first weekend. It was the best debut for a film from Disney's Pixar Animation, topping "The Incredibles" at $70.5 million. Toy Story 3 took in $8.4 million in 3-D showings at huge-screen IMAX theaters, which beat the IMAX record for an animated film previously held by "Monsters vs. Aliens" with $5.1 million.

I was worried that Toy Story 3 wouldn't live up to my expectations, but it definitely exceeded my expectations. It is not only my favorite Toy Story, but also my favorite Pixar film. In Toy Story 3, they eliminated a plethora of good characters, but they replaced them with even better characters. When Pixar first started out with Disney, their stories didn't have much depth to them, but with Up and Toy Story 3 you can start to see that they are trying to make the stories better. They are trying to make the stories more relatable and emotional in a way. As much as I want another Toy Story, I am glad this is going to be the last one (as long as John Lasseter has something to say about it). If they continue to make Toy Stories, it will become tiresome (Shrek for example). Pixar made an amazing ending and I would hate to see them ruin it with another movie. Although, to make up for this Disney/Pixar is making Toy Story animated shorts, similar to "Mater's Tall Tales" currently on Disney Channel. So what are your thoughts on Toy Story 3?