Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Disney no longer advertising with Happy Meal toys.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Used to be Infamous

Silentkid has disabled reputation
Disney makes billions of dollers in just one year.I think they can live just taking one franchise out.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Environmentalist
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Zebraa is floating through Inner Space
That's a relief. Less toys = Less kids in McDonalds. YAY!

I'm anti-junk food
Old 06-06-2006, 05:10 AM
bigthunderpsycopath

matterhornmaniac is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i love mcdonalds. i eat there seven times a day. although i now weigh 452 pounds, i'm still very content with the disney-based toys i have received. its a shame that there won't be anymore. guess i'll have to cut back to just eight happy meals at every meal.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:22 AM
ComebackAwesomeSakurachan

KristyNWonder is spinning in a Cursed Storm
good I hate McDonald's. I get mad that there's one in Disneyland seeing as how Walt didn't want any when he was still in charge.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:15 AM
bigthunderpsycopath

matterhornmaniac is spinning in a Cursed Storm
to be fair, mcdonalds was still a fairly new enterprise when disneyland opened. it didn't start to franchise until 1955. i'm sure if mcdonlads was at the size it is today in 1955, it would have been asked to be in the park just like coke, pepsi, and others
Old 06-06-2006, 04:44 PM
wdwaurora on vmk
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner 
Total Awards: 1

aurorarosesb is spinning in a Cursed Storm
This is what i don't get, people choose to eat/let their children eat at mcdonalds. these lawsuits are absolutely rediculous, you choose your lifestyle accept responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming others, i personally am slightly overweight and if i wanted to could change my eating habits but personally i am happy with the way that i look and with who i am and do not choose to blame anyone other than myself for my current weight, that is my opinion on the matter
Old 06-06-2006, 04:50 PM
I visit rarely.

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Lurking
ChrisR has disabled reputation
rats! i was hoping that would do VMK toys!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:51 PM
<--Now Open

futuremartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confettifuturemartymcfly is covered with Confetti
I'm sorry, but this was a rumor, that was actually debunked a couple weeks ago
Old 06-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Oh I wish! My bologna...

Shayjack is covered with ConfettiShayjack is covered with ConfettiShayjack is covered with Confetti
Oh well. Even though I need something to promote me to eat junk food... I'm underweight. But I have always been so...
I don't think losing Disney toys is really gonna have too much impact on either company, although McDonalds' is gonna have to find some other toys for the little kids. XD
Old 06-06-2006, 05:05 PM
MissPorscha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_ChrisR
rats! i was hoping that would do VMK toys!
idk how they would come up with VMK toys lol they would be pretty weird! XP
Old 06-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Hall of Fame

JeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZeke

Come August, the Mouse and Mickey D's will then try & forge some sort of new working relationship. One that will (hopefully) allow Disney to still promote its TV shows, movies and theme parks to all of the adults who daily visit the 30,000-plus McDonald's restaurants that currently operate worldwide.
Well, they say they will no longer target children by making Disney toys for happy Meals, BUt they are going to try to target the adults. Maybe it is about time adults get cool disney merchandise with their food.

But this new image makes sense since they are changing their image all the way. I mean I have seen the start of MC.D's new look. We have one of the new buildings built here...no red roof and very modern inside. It does look good. I do not think much change will be in the parks since they do not offer HAPPY MEALS in many of their fast food areas, just nuggets and such.

Well, no Disney Happy meal toys will stop me from buying happy meals. (Yes, I still like the toys) Well, glad I got the Disneyland Paris cups that have been given in the Happy Meals here.

Also, I have seen a new brand of healthier hotdog buns that had Tigger on the package, so this is already in progress.

Kudos to Mc donalds
Old 06-06-2006, 05:23 PM
peace.music.love.freedom.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Cloud_9
Anielmz is covered with ConfettiAnielmz is covered with ConfettiAnielmz is covered with Confetti
Aww.. no more? Well good thing I have some still
Old 06-15-2006, 01:43 PM
&lt;--Thanks BelgianWaffle!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Pwness
CaptainZeke is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieV
Well, they say they will no longer target children by making Disney toys for happy Meals, BUt they are going to try to target the adults. Maybe it is about time adults get cool disney merchandise with their food.
Ah, yes, they're going to try and make it so you can actually RECORD a show owned by Disneyonto a phone, laptop, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieV
Kudos to Mc donalds
McDonald's? From what I read, it was Disney that was making the motion because the beat of the lawsuit wouldn't harm them as much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentkid
Disney makes billions of dollers in just one year.I think they can live just taking one franchise out.
Look above. That's the reason why. Not because someone has started sueing them for having the so called "franchise" you say it is.
And why do you sound like you're against Disney for some reason? @_@
Old 06-15-2006, 01:47 PM
♥_CuteSnowChickity_

CuteSnowChicka is spinning in a Cursed Storm
hmm this is very interesting.... lol otherwise i dont know what to say lol
Old 06-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Maybe Iger isn't as easy to buy off as Eisner was.