Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney TV > Test Pattern

Test Pattern Do not adjust your set. This is the Archive forum for the DCFC

Old The Nightmare Before Christmas...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Lurker

Exoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstream View Post
Omg, FOB and Panic! are doing songs?? Wow that should be good....
Hopefully, it will. I probably won't buy it though..
Old 09-18-2006, 02:05 AM
it's|the|revolution.

My Mood: PandaExpress
Pinkdust is covered with ConfettiPinkdust is covered with ConfettiPinkdust is covered with Confetti
I know it's only my opinion, but I don't like any of those bands, and NB4Christmas is one of the best movies that Disney has come out with. To me, this will - in a way - ruin the soudtrack. Will they include the original songs, too?

-.-
Old 09-18-2006, 02:29 AM
There's always something.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park VIP
Chaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdust View Post
Here we go again with Disney ruining what they've got. Pretty soon there aren't going to be any classics left.
Yeah I guess they'll change Snow White's voice to Jalo or whoever it is I'm thinking about's voice....
Whew!
~Chaelle
Old 09-18-2006, 04:27 AM
Tim Burton Fan for Life

PinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with Confetti
Holy moly cow, that's CRAZY! LOL, they're gonna ruin the whole thing... can't they just keep it the way it was? It might be good, but it will never be better.

~Pink

-The Little Prince
By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Old 09-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Retired

cavowonder is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoxus View Post
I second that! Whatever synergy means..
Synergy-a mutually advantageous conjunction or compatibility of distinct business participants or elements (as resources or efforts).

It pretty much means that in order to promote Nightmare, they are having popular bands sign on. That way, both get success.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Lurker

Exoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with ConfettiExoxus is covered with Confetti
Ohhh.... ok cave.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTinkPixie05 View Post
Holy moly cow, that's CRAZY! LOL, they're gonna ruin the whole thing... can't they just keep it the way it was? It might be good, but it will never be better.

~Pink
I agree.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:16 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
I doubt they're changing the songs in the movie itself. The new cover versions are just for the CD.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Hall of Fame

JeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJeannieV has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I think it is a great idea! Disney should be something enjoyed by ALL groups and this way I think it will merge more people together.

Most of these artist in the new soundtrack I would never sing along with, yet, their versions of the songs that I already sing too JUST may be fun. Just as I sing along to many newly re-made Disney songs. (ex: Under The Sea by Sebastion..and the newer one sung by a female..or the newer TARZAN Stangers like Me)

For the fans of the Original..then LIKE the original. But some will like both and NOW some will have a new movie and soundtrack to enjoy and will possibly open up the world of Disney to them as well.

Trust me...I have seen HUGE biker dudes run for the chance at a pic with Mickey, "Goth" folk crowd around Cruella and 90 year olds that say they have waited all their lives to meet Pluto. Disney is a place for all. We do not have to like EVERTHING by Disney, but there should be something for everyone!

Good move with The nightmare Before Christmas.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softball_AtTheDisco View Post
Is coming back to us this year with more music than ever. Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, and (shivvers scared) Marilin Manson, will all be in the new movie singing the origional songs. Here is more new on it thanks to MTV News:

Fall Out Boy, Panic, Marilyn Manson Add To New 'Nightmare Before Christmas' Soundtrack

'The songs in the film are pretty much the best things ever,' says Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz.
Fall Out Boy

When Tim Burton's kinda-spooky, kinda-silly "The Nightmare Before Christmas" first lurked into theaters in October 1993, it was greeted with lavish critical praise and ... well, that's about it.

Though it would eventually go on to gross a respectable $50 million at the box office, the film struggled to connect with mainstream audiences and was regarded by execs at Disney as a bit of a flop — a grand, goth-lite experiment in stop-motion animation that failed to live up to commercial expectations.

But when the film was released the following year on VHS, something amazing happened: "Nightmare" became massive, spawning merchandise and a devoted cult following that included tons of goth kids, their younger siblings, basically every emo-punk band on the planet and a whole lot of decidedly un-emo acts too.

So when Disney announced earlier this year that it planned to bring "Nightmare" back to the big screen — it arrives in select theaters October 20 in a fancy, digital 3-D format — the logical decision was to reach out to some of those bands to supply music for the film.

As it turns out, a whole lot of them were more than happy to comply. Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, Marilyn Manson, Fiona Apple and She Wants Revenge will all appear on a special two-disc edition of the "Nightmare" soundtrack, contributing cover versions of songs featured in the film. The double-disc set will hit stores October 24.

"Disney approached our management about us doing a song," Fall Out bassist Pete Wentz told MTV News. "And we're obsessed with that film and Danny Elfman [who wrote the score]. And of course I've got my 'Nightmare' tattoos, so we were like, 'Yes!'

"The songs in the film are pretty much the best things ever," he continued. "They're Elfman at his prime. And our song 'Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner' [from 2005's From Under the Cork Tree] blatantly rips off a crescendo from one of them. They're absolutely amazing."

Fall Out Boy contribute a raucous version of "What's This?" (a song belted out in the film by protagonist Jack Skellington). Fellow Decaydancers Panic! at the Disco offer up an orchestrated version of "This Is Halloween" (sung by the citizens of Halloweentown in the film), as does Marilyn Manson. Fiona Apple covers the somber "Sally's Song," while She Wants Revenge do "Kidnap the Sandy Claws."

Also included on the second disc of the set are two demo versions of songs Elfman originally wrote for the film, "Making Christmas" and "Oogie Boogie's Song." Disc one presents Elfman's score — including 10 original songs — in its entirety.

For Panic frontman Brendon Urie, just the chance to be included alongside Elfman was reason enough to get on board. Well that and a little good-natured band rivalry of course.

"Everyone in Panic loves Danny Elfman, so it's a bonus to be included alongside him," Urie said. "And I spoke to [drummer Andy Hurley] from Fall Out Boy about it, and he said they were on it, so we wanted to get on there too. So many bands that we're friends with and bands we tour with are a part of it and such huge fans of the movie. We all watched it as kids and we all watch it now, so it's really cool to be a part of it."
Don't forget it's also going to be Realsed in 3D
Old 09-30-2006, 08:35 PM
IhaveHayleyWilliamsHair
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Softball_atTheDisco ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
It wont be ruined people..... Seriously how does it ruin it??
Old 09-30-2006, 11:23 PM
So many possibilities.

RubyRubia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I am not a fan of eitheir bands in any way, and personally, I think they should have sticked with the original soundtrack.

Original is best, my friends.

Ru Ru~
Old 09-30-2006, 11:25 PM
Lurker

Ru, the origonal soundtrack is still for sale in alot of stores. Think of this as a 'bonus soundtrack'.

Or maybe.. a 'new cash-cow'.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Ron&Hermione <3

WDWLinny is spinning in a Cursed Storm
One Word.......Wowzza (i dont think it is a good idea)

LinnyLinny
Old 10-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Stitch-ish
Gingerkitty is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softball_AtTheDisco View Post
It wont be ruined people..... Seriously how does it ruin it??
They won't ruin it. I think that change is good, besides, if they ruined it, it may lead to the end of a few careers...
Old 10-01-2006, 02:53 PM
IhaveHayleyWilliamsHair
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Softball_atTheDisco ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
No Carrers will end....