Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old New Newsletter for 8/22/06!!!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Go Rockin' Both Parks!

JordieP is spinning in a Cursed Storm
New Newsletter for 8/22/06!!!

Thar be Sea Monsters ahead!
Beware of the new dangers in the Pirate game!

Check out all the winners from this weekend's event!
Enjoy the last days of summer!

Push's Trash Talk

Hey there, VMK Questers! I've seen so many of you running around the kingdom this month and it looks like everyone is having a great time with these new quests! The Mickey Mouse, Disney Cat and Disney Dog quests are still out and you have until the end of August, so get going!

ATTENTION: I Would like to Congratulate All of this Newsletter's Best Game, Quest, and Guest Rooms!
This weekend, check out the brand new and final quest of this month. It focuses on some of Disney's coolest and most popular park attractions! Get your thinking caps on, dudes, and study the thrills, chills, and spills of the most renowned mountains ever seen so you'll be ready this coming Friday. Here's a list of the mammoth mountains:

Space Mountain
Matterhorn
Splash Mountain
Big thunder Mountain
Expedition Everest
Grizzly Peak
Mount Gushmore
You might need to know a little about the legends and statistics and overall fun factors of Disney's Mountains. Like, did you know that Expedition Everest is the 5th highest point in all of Orlando, Florida? And Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain is 2,671 feet long! So make sure you check out the Mountains Quest. It's an awesome quest and you'll get an amazing pin!

Item of the Week

Each week we'll be revealing the history of an item, answering questions such as When did it first appear, how long was it in shops, is it rare? Check back each week for the info on another item.

Item: Everest Chair

Where can I buy it? The Everest Chair is not available in VMK stores. It was only available if players participated in the Staff Everest Ride-a-thon event. Every time a player reached an end room, they were rewarded with an Everest Chair.

What colors does it come in? Stone with glowing red eyes.

What's it for? Sitting atop a mountain peak or scaring off anyone who tries to enter your mountain dwelling.

History: Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain is the newest attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The mountain's full of surprises: Beware the snarling beast who watches over his domain... the Yeti! The front of this chair is modeled after the peak of the mountain. The back side has glowing red eyes just like the Yeti!

Nickname: Hot Ice Peak

On stage now: High School Musical

The High School Musical DVD is now in stores! VMK is part of the action with the new print-at-home High School Musical Quest.

The VMK home page now has the new print-at-home High School Musical Quest. Some of the questions can be answered at home, while others will require a trip to either Disneyland® Park or Magic Kingdom® Park. Answer all the questions correctly to win special VMK High School Musical items.

VMK Cards

Have you ever wondered what cards you are missing in your collection. Well there is now a great new way to discover all the cards for VMK. Check it out

Awards and Top Players
What makes a Guest Room award-worthy?

Guest or Game Rooms that stand out show originality in concept and design. It could be a use of conventional furniture in unconventional ways, the use of a theme or color, or humor. Game rooms that get the nod offer a new game idea or a new twist on an old favorite. In all rooms we look for room owners who welcome everyone with a smile and show a willingness to answer questions about their room.

Check out this week's Best Guest Rooms and Best Game Rooms.

New feature! Click on the name of the room to view an image of the room!

Scam Alert

Free Swimsuits!

While exploring VMK, you might see rooms claiming to be giving away "Free Swimsuits". These are scam rooms trying to get your hard-earned items by asking you to trade something first without getting anything in return while promising you a free swimsuit once the trade is over. Please do not attempt to trade for a swimsuit. The wetsuit is only an effect visible while you are on a waterslide piece. There is a bug that sometimes allows players to still wear the wetsuit once stepping off a slide but it is only a temporary effect. Please be careful when trading and when in doubt, find a Community Leader for help.

VMK Staff Profiles
Each week we interview a different member of the VMK Staff. Pay attention - the answers may prove useful in VMK-hosted trivia games!

Staff name: VMK_Lion

Three favorite pieces of furniture and why?

The Narnia Teleporters because they have my picture on the back! Jungle Book Throne so that I can sit in my Animal Safari Room and look out of the jungle! Tiki Tiki Tiki Fountain is great to sit by during the warm summer days and dip my paws into to stay cool.

Favorite Public Space?

Main Street, where it's all happening and everybody passes by to say hello.

Best VMK moment?

My favorite moments in VMK are any time I see players helping other players and being kind to each other. It makes me give out a big ROAR of happiness and it's fun when the room roars with me. .

Favorite Disney Movie and why?

The Lion King, naturally. It is about my favorite subject, lions. Also because the story is about good triumphing over evil, the value of friendship and how all species get along and help each other. The music is also great.

Favorite Disney Character?

Mufasa

What one safety tip would you like to share with our readers?

Besides the obvious, to never ever give out any personal information to anybody, it is important that you trade safely! Do not loan things to people or let them try on something. If they want to trade with you, then they can put the object in the trade box at the same time you do. Please, please, do not ever give up something unless you are prepared to loose it for good. Not all people mean what they say, so protect yourself from those who try to take things without giving in return.

In-Park Quests!
Going to Disneyland® Park or Magic Kingdom® Park? Play the in-Park Quests! Learn more here.

New High School Musical Quest! Watch the movie, visit the parks and answer all the questions to win cool stuff!

Get the Thrill Seekers Quest for the Walt Disney World® Resort here!

The Tomorrowland Quest is still available: Download it here

Contact Us Tips
When using Contact Us to ask a question or report an issue, please be aware of the following:

If you use AOL for e-mail, you won't receive our response; the AOL e-mail filters block our replies. Please provide an alternative e-mail in the Contact Us form where it asks for your e-mail address.
Some Spam Filters will automatically block e-mail from an unknown source unless you tell the program to allow it. Please be sure to allow mail from [email protected] (this e-mail address does not receive e-mail except via the Contact Us form)
Old 08-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
cool i didn't check out the newsletter and it's cool that you posted the new one. thx
Old 08-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Awkward
jamiewe is spinning in a Cursed Storm
woohoo

peeps there are fun facts about those ride on wiki.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Devilish
Extras is as Frosty as a Snowman
Awesome - I love BTM
Old 08-22-2006, 06:54 PM
You will "Hear My Song"

AwesomeTom is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Congratulations everyone who won best game, quest, and guest award. Good work swords, I knew you would win
Old 08-22-2006, 07:04 PM
whatevs.

moviedude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK_Lion says he likes the jungle book thrones, so u think they might be coming out soon? o_O
Old 08-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Wowzers! ( I bet that is what most people say after they win BGR BGG or BGQ :P) I won the Best quest award! I did not expect this at all! This was my first quest, and HOST_Sparky came the second time it was opened. I just came home from school, and have homework, so I can't enjoy this more lol. But I am still very happy. Hmm.. I never got my pin yet, but I bet that comes later! Thank you to all who came to my quest and helped me get it popular. And a great big thanks to all my friends that stayed and waited with me. And The biggest thanks to (:P) to Exouxs! (hope I spelled that right) He kept telling me that my quest was really great. And he waited in my room with me, and, well, he just helped a lot. Good luck to you with your quest, Exouxs .

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 08-23-2006, 12:49 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 

converse_rock has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordieP View Post
What one safety tip would you like to share with our readers?

Besides the obvious, to never ever give out any personal information to anybody, it is important that you trade safely! Do not loan things to people or let them try on something. If they want to trade with you, then they can put the object in the trade box at the same time you do. Please, please, do not ever give up something unless you are prepared to loose it for good. Not all people mean what they say, so protect yourself from those who try to take things without giving in return.

Isn't it supposed to be lose not loose? I'm not that great at grammar so correct me if I'm wrong....
Old 08-23-2006, 02:49 AM
Turtle talk with Crush!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

black33 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
yes.. i think your right.. extra credit for finding a grammer error!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:05 AM
Just believe and dream :)

SuperBillyHill is as Frosty as a Snowman
grammer? LOL
Old 08-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 

converse_rock has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by black33 View Post
yes.. i think your right.. extra credit for finding a grammer error!
its grammar lol
Old 08-28-2006, 09:31 PM
R.I.P. CL_WantToBeWalt :(
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 9

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
CiscoRau is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedude View Post
VMK_Lion says he likes the jungle book thrones, so u think they might be coming out soon? o_O
I just noticed this too. Maybe Series 2 Card 30? Anyone else have thoughts?