View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
You're probably not gonna be able to answer this, I'm really looking for an answer just like... someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

I'm starting to decide which college I'll be going to (which is actually really hard, didn't think it would be this tough), and I have almost no idea what I want to do. The college choice doesn't matter a ton right now, I just kind of want to know, or have something that I'm actually working towards. Anyways, for a little while now I've wanted to do sports journalism. I love sports as a few of you know, and I love writing, so I thought it'd be a perfect job for me. But in the past weeks of debating which college to go and what to major in with my parents I've begun to get different ideas. My mother is a guidance counselor in an elementary school, and mentioned teaching. If I taught something it would probably be a gym teacher (what my dad wants me to do, and I'm interested in as well, but he came up with the idea because he always wanted to be one), I like sports like I said, I'm athletic, and I like leading people - coaching. My mom also brought up that I could teach History, because I'm always talking about it at home and I'm taking a few extra history courses as well. Just recently however I've stumbled upon the Disney College Program which I guess is basically like an internship, I'd get to go down there for about... 6-8 months I think it said and do a few jobs down there, take some classes and meet people. I always joked about working in Disney because it is by far my favorite place in the whole world. I just love being around the parks, in the parks, anywhere around that area. I love everything to do with Disney. So, now of course I'm thinking, hey maybe I really should go work in Disney. However I don't really know what to do... I would like a job that I can move up in the ranks in, and I'd like to be in the business part of it (I think... not totally sure) I don't want a job where I just press the go button for space or splash mountain. (No offense to those who have the job, I'm sure it does take a lot of skill) But anyways, so I'd have to go to college for something for business I guess, but I literally have noooo idea. But the main question is, what even would be an opportunity to go work for Disney in the business field? My sister was talking to me about and she wouldn't know where to start.

This may sound silly to some of you, but it's not to me because I actually have to decide really shortly... I just don't know what to do, but I haven't even talked to anyone yet. That's why I just want the WDW Expert-Nerds advice on what to do with my life! ahahaha

If you need anymore info (I'm sure I didn't give you what you needed to formulate some answer to me) I can give it to you... I just want someone to talk to about this.