View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchMad View Post
We did this in August. I've never seen Star Wars and my family don't really "get" the hype for it. I think it's a bit odd how there was so much publicity and advertising for the renovation and it turns out that there's not been a huge change (all that's different is the video)..

There was something else that's been renovated quite recently (it's slipped my mind at present), but I remember just wondering why a big deal wasn't really made of it. I suppose Disney have to play to the fanbases and people do tend to like a bit of Star Wars. Even the new line for Winnie The Pooh - it's a fantastic entrance but nobody really knows about it.
Star Wars fans are very...intense. I can't believe how much Star Wars merchandise I see people buy. I understand the hype, but I don't understand why the refurb took so long. Before they shut down Star Tours, they used Body Wars in EPCOT to begin developing the Star Tours changes. If all they really did was change the vido, I don't understand why it took so long (especially when they started the change before they shut down Star Tours).

As for the Enchanted Tiki Room, most guests do not realize that it is even there. It is in a very odd location and it is normally overshadowed by flying carpets, the Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Carribean. Whenever I actually see the show, the building is normally quite empty.