View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
No more major casting announcements yet, but there is a little more information about Mia Wasikowska, who has been chosen to play Alice.

Apparently newcomer Wasikowska, 18, will be treading on the toes of Lindsay Lohan, after the Mean Girls star begged Burton not to choose an unknown for the role, insisting she was "ideal" to play the part.

Wasikowska says, "I'm so so excited. The book's really intrigued me when I was little and I've always loved the story. I really love (Burton films) Edward Scissorhands and Big Fish."

Earlier this year, Wasikowska was chosen as one of only two Australian actresses to receive a Heath Ledger scholarship - a fund to help young up-and-coming Aussie performers in memory of the late actor.

And for those curious about being a human set piece, this is what they were/are looking for when it comes to extras:

Casting auditions for 250 extras were held in the British city of Plymouth on August 6th and 7th of 2008. Requirements were for people with a 'Victorian look' and for applicants to have no visible tattoos, piercings or dyed hair.

I'll update you with more as it becomes available!