Thread: Awards and more
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
I doubt I'm the only one to notice, but what is going on with the awards might I ask? Is VMKF no longer doing awards along with contests? I know this site is slightly inactive at times, though every now and then I log on and 30 people are on, but is that what stopped the awards as well? Every time I've tried getting awards I'm not on to request them due to some vacation it seems or something. Basically my main questions are these:

1). Did the awards stop for the moment, and if so, for what reasons, other than inactivity?

2). If the awards did stop, is there any possiblity of them returning later in the years ahead?

3). I know we all know what is going on with the contests, but it there any possiblity of a contest coming back every now and then or something in the future?

-Stitchco
I have had a look at how many of the awards have been requested, as you can see there just isn't the demand for it. Quite a few were requested during the Holidays when you could request all of them at once. Making the awards can be very time-consuming especially since Sven also makes the awards/banners for all the sister sites too. Based on these numbers it is highly doubtful they will return.

Halloween 2011 - 13
Talk like a pirate 2011 - 9 (2 were from the pixie site)
Patriot 2011 - 17
I Survived EKB's Trickery 2011 - 13
St Paddy's Day 2011 - 13
St Valentines Day 2011 - 37

We had an across-all-sites contest in August, only one person on VMKF was given the participation award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchco View Post
But that is also one of my concerns. I know VMK closed. I know this site is also inactive more due to that. But I usually either see Brain or Jezzi on, and every now and then Batleth. I feel like this site still could have more going on if some staff returned to help out, ya know? I am in no way trying to upset anyone or be disrespectful, but I feel like even for an inactive forum, 3 Mods and Admins can't entirely run the whole thing by themselves to also have things like what I was referring, even though they are still doing a great job at it.

-Master Sorcerer Stitchco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
I'm totally with you on this. I feel like the staff is just letting us go about our few posts, they'll correct us if we mess up but other than that it is kind of like they aren't here, and have been basically finished with the forums. I don't know, I feel like the staff should be more interested and involved if they are staff. Just my opinion I guess.
I understand what you are saying but it is not our job to keep you all entertained. It is our job to make sure our Policies are adhered to. Don't forget we are not paid for doing this and we give up our free time (sometimes not so free as we all have families/work/school/whatever). Some days there are no new posts to read (yes, I read every single post) but I still log in every day. Someone has already brought up the subject of bringing more Mods in to liven this place up, you will find Zilly's answer here. Ultimately it is you, the members, who will have to do that and despite new members joining every week the majority do not post