Thread: DSi
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park
My Mood: Artistic
PMFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreenWizard View Post
OK, I preordered it and Pokemon Platinum for my be-day. So I was looking some stuff up about it. Here is some stuff I learned:
1. This is not like the ipod where as you buy it and then they make a new one and it's like, aww I want the new one, forget this dinosaur! Even though it has only been like a few months. They have been working on it since 2006, and you think you have a Dinosouar, I still have the origanal DS, and It's touch screen is bad, so looking forward to the DSi
2. All DSIs that visit the shop channel before March 2010 get 1000 free DSI points
3. Japan recently got 3 new colors.
4. Pictochat will have color
5. Nintendo wants it to be like a life enhancer and reflect the owner's personality. something you would go back inside to get if you forgot it.
6. From what I heard the web Browser will be free for now.
7. Eventually I think they plan on DSI games other than dowloaded ones. The games will most likely put the new DSI features to the fullest. Camera, better internet, etc etc.
8. It will have a sound/ picture editer.
Just some commets.
1. Actually, on Iwata Says, it says that they are not competing with the iPod ( or Cell Phones)
2. That's currently true for Japan
3. They are comming out later this month, Dark Blue, Lime Green, and Pink
4. It's not literal Color, It's just like a rainbow pen
5. That's what I would do! Espeacially, if i was playing Personal Trainer: Walking
6. ( No comment )
7. Yeah, I think That's what Nintendo said in the UK Intro Video

8. I don't know about " Editing ". You can just do stuff to the sound ( Like Speed it Up, Slow it Down, Change it's pitch, etc. ), and there are over 10 lenses that you can see while taking pictures, Color Changer, Resembalance ( like you and a person look like cousins, etc ), Colorpad ( to add color to curtian areas ), Mischeif ( You add a mustage to someone, or some flowers around the pic ), Drawing ( Like You draw on a picture ), Kaladaschope [?] ( You Make Mirror/Triangle/Square Effects ), Frame ( What the name implies ), and More. Music comes form an SD card or 18 ten second recordings from the internal memory.

I have been looking at the DSi's details and announcements ever since It came out in Japan ( I don't understand Japenese though, so when it was announced in the US and UK, I kept my eyes closer ), but I'm not one to
understand Deep in the technical stuff, Just it's features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth View Post
Has Nintendo changed that the games from the online shop will only cost 800 points at max? If not, and they keep the points like Wii ($20 for 2000 points) games will cost under $10 :O
Actually, 800 points isn't the maximum. Thats when items become marked with a premium mark, I don't think there is a maximum. The points are going to be from the same cards for the wii, except now they will be called " Nintendo Points ", and in Japan and Europe, there is such thing as a 5000 point card, but I think there won't be anything over 5000 unless Nintendo Makes a Virtual Console for the DSi ( HUGE POSSIBILATY! )

Update after trying the thing for over 3 months and about to go to 4th!: Pictures and sounds can be edited after taken, and only sounds you recorded can be edited, but they can't be put on your SD Card, and yes, I LOVE IT!

Last edited by PMFan; 07-02-2009 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: -_- I think I stand corrected, trying it out for 3 months