View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I do find this as one of Disney's most....interesting ideas. The resort is called Pop Century and they only have half a century ('50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and ‘90s). Now that they decide to finish the other half, they decide to keep it half a century? I don't think Disney really thought this decision through very well. Not to mention, their park attendance has been quite low since Harry Potter Land opened, so why would they open another resort that is going to be empty?

Although, Pop Century is one of my favorite resorts, so it will be nice to have other option that is similar to it.
Actually the reason being that they didn't finish the other half of the century (aka from 1900-1940) was because when they were going to do it 9/11 occured. They didn't finish it due to the fact that it might not hold as much interest in future park goers. However, they chose popular and significant movies that could fit into this hotel.

As a head's up: The Finding Nemo section will open first around late May, followed by the Cars section in late July, rhen the Lion King in late September, and finally The Little Mermaid section in the later part of 2011.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco