View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Merdelebop~
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Super Donation Award 
Total Awards: 6

Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!Garfieldo has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonysnicket3 View Post
And about 90% of those guys were like "Money back plz "
Keep in mind that you haven't actually watched the movie yet. I, too, had very low expectations for the movie after seeing the trailer. (I'm not sure if there's more than one, the only I saw was the one where they're around the pyramids singing and dancing.) But the really strange thing is, there are absolutely NO musical numbers of any sort like what you see in the trailer. Yes, they play the song in the movie during a similar scene, but there's no visibly singing characters, and certainly no dancing. The trailer is misleading in other ways, too, mainly since it focuses entirely on Papi, who is really just a secondary character in the film.

One of my biggest concerns was this was going to be centered on Chloe's luxurious lifestyle. But surprisingly, very little of the movie actually takes place in Beverly hills. There's about 10 minutes or so of the glitz and shocking wealth I had been dreading, but I was happy to find that the majority of the movie takes place in Mexico City. The acting and dialogue was also better than expected, too. Yes, it was cheesey in quite a few places, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought it would be.

So, maybe it was just the fact that I had low expectations to start with, but all in all I actually liked this movie. I'd say go for it...at the very least you can use the ticket stubs for DMR points.

Gallery Profile - Disney's Online Worlds Wiki - Userpage