View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
That's true. But, again, it depends on how well it's done.

Badly done: Finn going all psycho on Maleficent in book two for threatening Amanda. After reading that part, I just put down my book and was like, "Seriously? I'm supposed to believe that?" There's such a thing when reading as suspension of disbelief, but that can only take you so far. For goodness sakes, Maleficent is supposed to be the most evil villain there is, how am I supposed to take her seriously after almost being done for by a 13(ish) year old boy?

Well done: Finn doing what he can to bring Amanda back from SBS in book four. It was actually very sweet how far he went to try to help her - it showed that he truly cared.

Again, I'm cool with pretty much anything an author will try to do to make their books the best they can be...it just has to be well written.
Keep in mind Maleficent is not the most powerful villian. Chernabog is. The thing is is that his power is not with him at the moment. that is why in books 5 and 6 he will try to regain his powers for he is the most powerful Disney villian there is.

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco