View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:19 PM
R.I.P. CL_WantToBeWalt :(
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 9

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
CiscoRau is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunticonaol
Sorry for the double post but I just had a great idea.

I haven't seen many people that actually trade cards so I don't think this will affect that many people, but I could be wrong.

Have any and all trading of cards be MOD regulated.

Meaning, anyone that wants to trade cards they will PM mods.
The person trading will mail them to a MOD and the MOD will mail them to the person, this way only MODS know what's going on.

Each person could include $1 or $2 so that the MODS could get the packaging and shipping paid for and have extra on each one to contribute to the website. This way trades can be safely done and the website gets a small contribution.

I would even volunteer my self (I know I am not a MOD but would be willing to help) to do this.

What do you guys think???
You know, I was toying around with the same idea. How about a new site (VMKCardTraders.com) that would do this same thing. Send it to a "neutral" site and have a "worker" do all the trading. Would be easy to set up.

On another note, I find that the whole "safety" issue that the MODS are tauting is just a convenient front. Have you ever tried the "Send and Email" link in a person's profile? It says right at the bottom that you are SENDING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS to the other person. If safety really is an issue, why do they allow this?!? Also, why let people but their AIM, MSN or other IM IDs in their profile. They are providing a convenient way for people to trade information while seemingly tauting safety. (Oh and don't point it out or you'll get a 3 day ban. Trust me...)