View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Come to the Lazy Mermaid!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Jacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with ConfettiJacques is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoalice View Post
The Alice in Wonderland books are much darker than the Disney movie ever made them to be. A lot of purists actually do not like the Disney version as it is very far from the book and took a lot of creative liberties-the least of which was smooshing both books into the one movie. I've read the original books more times than I can count and seen so many versions made in movie/TV form. I have books that talk about the writing of the book and biographies and the like. (I guess I am a little obsessed LOL) I am really looking forward to this new adaption as it's not going to "dumb it down" for today's more "delicate sensibilities". We really do coddle our children far more than in the past. If you look at some of the original artwork, both by Lewis Carroll himself and the more famous Sir John Tenniel we're more used to seeing it looks more like they are going for that look. The original artwork is far from being "cute".
Sorry, getting a little rambly. I have been in love with Alice since before I can remember
I am one of those purists you mention. I've never really liked the Disney "Alice". I don't feel the story falls in with the Disney princess theme. It's not a story that makes for a cute movie.

My hope is that The Walrus and The Carpenter are in Burton's film. Love their story!