View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Happy Holidays from us!

JazzyJelly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I don't mind the release of items in a different color. But I really get so frustrated with people being so concerned about having to have rare items. People saying they are so angry or heartbroken over rereleases is difficult for me to hear. I have known anger and heartbreak but not over VMK, over stuff in real life. I guess its a matter of perspective.

We recently had a poll, and most of the people of VMKF have been around longer rather than shorter on VMK. I wonder how that colors perspectives here (the general perspective, not talking about individuals).

If your enjoyment of VMK depends on having rare items, then prepare to be heartbroken or angry on occasion.

Would I mind if I didn't have a certain color of a rare item (like flip or Minnie hat)? No, as others have mentioned it is more the style that I like. On the other hand, some of the more specialized hats are desirable as they are...(for us, I am thinking of the bird hat). I would love it if they made that more available (for someone who can't visit the parks) because my young son has wanted one since he started playing (still working on that one). (and for some of you who think, well just trade up, keep in mind that that is very difficult and time-consuming for the new player and yes, its our choice not to spend our whole lives on VMK trying to do so but many of you came at the items a lot easier).

I have rare items and I've said this before, I enjoy using them, wearing them, having them, whatever. If they rerelease them all TOMORROW, it won't affect my enjoyment of them at all.

Perspective, perspective, where you are on this issue seems to be fairly related to how long you've been on VMK (not saying always true but often true). Look at the poll about VMK tenure and you see how many people are new versus old here.