View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 PM
The Bandit Of Birthdays

BirthdayBandit is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobray View Post
Just to be clear, Disney took out the opening act to Beauty and the Beast, called Return to Zero, not the whole show.

Are these all of the things that make you think of Disney? Do you think the whole Disney company is just a bunch of chicken nuggets or an opening act? These are small changes in an amusement park visited by millions of people around the world. Let me guess, next you're going to complain that they took down the second lampost from the right of the Splash Mountain ride entrance or that the shrubs in the Magic Kingdom were trimmed differently. These are such small things compared to the rest of the Disney parks. Cheap? I don't think so. Disney made these actions for specific reasons in the best interest of the company. For health concerns, Disney changed chicken tenders to chicken nuggets. For spending on HSM3, Disney took out Return to Zero. Probably because they thought they would get more money and audience out of HSM3 than Return to Zero. Who knows, maybe Disney will bring back Return to Zero after HSM3 has been paid off. Is missing Return to Zero seriously going to ruin your whole trip to Disney World?

And don't tell me you don't want change. Without change, there wouldn't even be a Return to Zero opening act in the first place.
Without change, there would just be Disneyland in California. Without change, we wouldn't have all of the parks or resorts we have today.
Without change, more recently, we wouldn't have Expedition Everest, the new and improved Spaceship Earth, the Laugh Floor, Toy Story Mania and many other rides.
In fact, if Walt Disney didn't make any change at all, we'd be stuck with a mouse called Mortimer! How are we supposed to cheer for the Mortimer Mouse Club? M-O-R, T-I-M, E-R-M-O-U-S-E?
Even further, without change, we'd be stuck with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. Change is necessary.

Without it, we're only as far as we were the last time we changed. You may say, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." That's exactly right. If you don't change from the past, you will be doomed to repeat it over and over and over again. If you don't change, you will just repeat what's already been done. New ideas lead to new changes. Yes, taking away Return to Zero may seem like a horrible change, but without changes, we wouldn't have what we have today.
I actually really loved that lamp post alot...and the shrubs were actually beautiful as opposed to their new look. However, while change is of the essence to survival you are kind of blowing things out of proportion because everything changes, but some things too soon. As for your historical quote I would like to counter by saying "History repeats itself." This is such a true statement. While it sounds like I am agreeing with you, I am not. If you look deeply into the meaning, I am saying that all of these changes will continue getting worse and worse repeating themselves. While you may blame the economy, disney is such a corporate giant, keeping a four man group wouldnt have affected things. There are enough merchandising for the first two High School Musicals to fund the third. Before you tell me that those might not have done well, then they shouldnt of even taken on the task of a third movie. While change is good in some aspects, if it occurs too soon then bad things may occur.

Last edited by Jezzi; 10-09-2008 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: fixed quote