View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 01:44 PM
mahna mahna
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

sunday_monkey is as Frosty as a Snowman
When they pulled the quests out of the parks last year I though VMK was nearing its end. I didn't believe it when Yavn told us not worry - the closing of the quests just seemed like a huge red flag to me.

But then, VMK did some things that made me change my mind, and think "hey, VMK might be sticking around after all". They came out with all the wonderful Gingerbread items at Christmas time and hosted "the first *annual* Gingerbread contest" (leads you to believe there will be more in the future) they added the Magic Shop, they released the first take of the Card Trading Game, added the Penny Arcade, started releasing real versions of the VMK pins (tiki and pirate), hired new staff, had new things in the newsletter (Esmeralda's Trivia, Pirate Vinnie, etc.) and created Bella's specials in the Emporium.

So, while I knew VMK wouldn't be around forever, I certainly wasn't expecting it to go away so soon. I thought they were breathing new air into the game recently, trying new things (the big quest), and going forward with their commitment to the game.

Last edited by sunday_monkey; 04-08-2008 at 02:02 PM..