Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Happy
Derejin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Mega Man Star Force 3 Discussion Thread

EDIT: Updating this post to make it more relevant, since the game's out. :P

Hey all! I'm sorry about being gone and all; I'm often away from VMKFansite, but I still visit now and then. Anyway, as some of you may or may not know, Mega Man Star Force 3 for the Nintendo DS has been released!

The game has two versions: Black Ace and Red Joker. If any of you wanna know the basic idea of these, and if you've played previous Mega Man Star Force games, I'll tell it to you in a more simple comparison: Black Ace is the new Ninja, while Red Joker is the new Saurian.
For those who haven't played the previous, I'll make it a bit more clear; Black Ace is geared more towards agility and technique, while Red Joker is more of a "tank", so to speak.

The game focuses around a new "Noise" system, which is an interesting and powerful system, indeed.

-Noise plays a major part in battles. Dealing damage with non-elemental non-time stopping standard cards(no elemental, time stopping, mega, or giga cards work in either of the below cases) raises your Noise percentage(%), but the amount it is raised depends on the type of battle you're in:

--When battling viruses, dealing damage over and above the remaining HP that a virus has raises your Noise percentage(%) by the amount of overkill damage done (I. E. Virus has 20 HP left. You deal 80 damage.
80 - 20 = 60, so you gain 60 Noise %.)
--When battling bosses, half of the damage dealt is added to your Noise %( I. E. Deal 60 damage, gain 30% Noise.)
-Noise is normally reset to 0% after battles, but if you had over 100% Noise in the previous battle, you start the next one with 50%!(Leaving the Wave World(The World you exist in while you're Mega Man) won't cancel this 50% bonus)).

-You can gain new Noise forms after a certain part of the storyline(which also grants you your first form) by beating giant versions of viruses. In short: battles with giant viruses after a big red "WARNING" sign appears on your bottom screen can neat you a new Noise form. (As a side note: Noise Forms are based after bosses in the Mega Man Star Force series.)
--During battle, at 0.00 to 50.00% Noise, these forms give you some basic abilities and powerups.
--At 50.00% Noise or higher, they upgrade to "Vibrant Noise Form" and gain the colors of the boss they represent. In that form, you gain more power based off of what that boss could do, as well as whenever you counter a foe, you gain a Noise Force Big Bang battle card for that round. Basically, it's a powerful attack that hits a large area.
-After another storyline event, you can gain a Finalize Noise form. Finalize Noise forms are based after your version's namesake(I. E. Black Ace's Finalize form is.. Black Ace. Ditto for Red Joker).
When you activate a Finalize Form, you automatically switch to a new, more powerful folder as long as the Finalize Form is active (Said folder can include NFBBs from Vibrant Noise forms(including ones you don't have) as well as the Finalize Form's NFBB), as well as the form obviously increases your power.
Describing each version's forms:
--Black Ace, design-wise, is covered with black armor, as well as it has wings and a sword. Said wings give it the ability to float, allowing it to move over damaged or special tiles without any problems. Black Ace also auto-targets foes, so you no longer have to target them yourself!
--Red Joker, design-wise, is a red, more heavily armored Mega Man with a fire-like disc on each shoulder. Red Joker has Super Armor, making it impossible to flinch when taking damage. Joker also has Status Guard, granting immunity to all status effects.
-Both finalized Noise forms grant a more powerful Noise Force Big Bang(abbreviated NFBB) battle card than normal NFBBs.

-For those who have played any of the Mega Man Battle Network series, you'll be familiar with a new Program Advance-like system called Galaxy Advance or somesuch. If you haven't played the Battle Network series, it basically means you can combine battle cards into a single, much more powerful battle card if you choose 'em in the correct order. (I. E. In the Battle Network games, selecting a Sword, then Widesword, then Longsword would grant you the Lifesword; a sword with much more range and attack power than the swords which formed it combined!) It seems that some Galaxy Advances give you cards you can get normally(albeit probably with more difficulty), or entirely new ones. Be sure you try 'em out.

-Most of the previous Star Force features return, such as the brothers system, Link Power, etc. Sadly, the Best Combo system has been completely removed...

I'm personally enjoying this game, and have gotten the Red Joker version.

On a side note; if anyone else has Wi-Fi, maybe we could form a Brother Band(via Wi-Fi through exchanging friend codes)?

Last edited by Derejin; 07-04-2009 at 11:21 PM..