View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 09:47 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There is a lot of stuff that can't be purchased on iTunes or Amazon. To get this music, fans either:

A.) Record the music themselves, either by using the Assisted Listening Device or using an induction pickup to record noise-free off of speakers.

B.) Record straight off of the speakers in the park, then try to identify the tracks of the background music using CDs, vinyls, and LPs.

C.) Know a source that works in DACS or DECS that makes source copies of the audio. This is relatively rare, but not unheard of. In the (g)olden days, DACS and DECS (the show control systems for the rides and parades) used cassette reels that were pretty easy to make copies of. Today, the files are all encrypted and very, very difficult to get.

Based off of what my iTunes library says, I have a little over 1,000 files of Disneyland Resort Audio, more than 750 Magic Kingdom files, around 1,000 EPCOT files, around 150 Disney's Hollywood Studios files, and almost 150 Animal Kingdom files. These figures are rough considering that there are some duplicates in my library that I haven't sorted through yet.

If you need something specific, let me know. I'm willing to upload some of my files that are not commercially available.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot