Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir View Post
Thank you for expressing your concerns for our DOW wiki. I can assure you that there are many others who share your desire to have the VMK side of the wiki reach it's full potential.

As for the DPL checklist problems, this is a known issue and steps have been taken to correct this problem. Seeing as the default limit for DPL categorized pages is 500, the furniture category is currently being split into two categories for items A-L and M-Z. Until we can get all the pages categorized, for the time being I have manually corrected the Furniture checklist. We are also working towards the possibility of expanding the DPL limit so that this wouldn't be an issue to begin with.

If VMK does comes back, we will deal with that when the time comes. Right now there are other things that take priority instead of, for example, preemptively redividing our pin section.

Please feel free to point out any other specific corrections that need to be made.
Many of the newer items are not in their categories (Accessories, Chairs, etc.). This would require comparing the DPL Checklist (see what I mean?) to the categories to see where they are. The clothing checklist is still incomplete. In addition, I propose a Master List of EVERY item in VMK (like the Checklist, but with the detail of the Chairs page). I would be glad to make some wikicode for it, if you are positive that your Checklist covers everything (I would do a simple find-and-replace on the checklist page). The page would be called Master List: Master List. All links would be to a page just called Master List, which would have a warning about long load times (over 2,000 pictures would take a minute or so to load on an economy broadband connection). Until the DPL issue is resolved, I would be glad to provide wikicode for the checklist (without DPL). If you would make me an editor, then I will even put the code in the wiki page for you. Shouldn't the split be A-M and N-Z, to be even?

Also, some embarrassments in the Checklist pages (items that don't belong):

Pin Checklist:
Happy Halloween from Lily
Lilo and Stitch Theme
Magic Pins
Magic Theme
Main Street Magic Shop
Single Use Magic Pins
Stitch Space Vehicle (Trading Card)
VMK Mystery Maze

Furniture Checklist:
Extension Pack (debatable, but this probably doesn't belong because it isn't in the inventory)
Film (pack of 5) (again, debatable)
Loop Builder Pack 1 (from now on, anything in italics is debatable)
Loop Builder Pack 2
Space Mountain Ride Starter Pack 1
Space Mountain Ride Starter Pack 2
Waterslide Ride Loop Builder Pack 1
Waterslide Ride Loop Builder Pack 2
Waterslide Ride Starter Pack 1
Waterslide Ride Starter Pack 2
Yeti Ride Loop Builder Pack 1
Yeti Ride Loop Builder Pack 2
Yeti Ride Starter Pack 1
Yeti Ride Starter Pack 2

Clothing Checklist:
50th Long Sleeve (remove it and turn the page into a redirect to D DISNEYLANDŽ Long Sleeve)
50th T-shirt (no need to have this when we have the colors)
50th Tank (divide it up into colors)
D DISNEYLANDŽ Long Sleeve (divide it up)
D DISNEYLANDŽ T-Shirt (no need)
D DISNEYLANDŽ Tank (no need)
D DISNEYLANDŽ Tank (50th) (no need)
Emoticon Mickey Long Sleeve (no need)
Emoticon Mickey T-Shirt (no need)
Emoticon Mickey Tank (no need)
Jacket (no need)
Jolly Roger Long Sleeve (no need)
Jolly Roger T-Shirt (no need)
Jolly Roger Tank (no need; it is redundant and repeating over and over again repeatedly!!!)
Long Sleeve Plaid Button Up (no need)
Long Sleeve Shirt (no need)
Mickey Long Sleeve (no need)
Minnie Long Sleeve (no need)
Shop Button Clothing
Shrunken Ned Tank (no need)
Tank top (no need)
Template:ShopClothing
Tink Long Sleeve Shirt (no need)
VMK Long Sleeve (no need)
VMK T-Shirt (no need)

Posters and Guest Rooms seem OK. Phew! I'm done with the checklist sharpening suggestions. Now can I please become an editor?

Last edited by StarBP; 01-11-2009 at 07:26 PM..