Thread: Arg Matey!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 04:01 AM
LOST junkie ♥

LittleBubbles is Buried in TreasureLittleBubbles is Buried in TreasureLittleBubbles is Buried in Treasure
Okay, well...you have seemed to have trouble with the competitiveness of the sports you play. It's stressful, aye? Try the more relaxing activities, like yoga or DDR. Just going on walks are great too! (However, don't go by yourself, since that's not safe...)

I got DDR in february, and I've played for an average of at least an hour a day (some days I've spent 3 hours playing, and some days I haven't played at all). I've also recently started lifting weights too. While watching TV, during the commercials I do crunches and sit ups (I sometimes try a push up, but I'm awful at those >_> that's why I'm lifting small 5 lb weights!).

But I still eat the same amount of food as before. However, it's even more healthy...for the most part. Here's my average schedule. (my sleep pattern is awful, which is a problem but...)

Wake up at 6:00/6:20 and have a banana, coffee, and some soy crisps (the coffee is more of like...a quarter of the mug is coffee, the rest is milk XD)
Go to school at 7:30ish
Eat lunch at 12:16-1:00 (it doesn't take me that long, but that's when I've got lunch at school), and my lunch consists of an apple, a bag of soy crisps, and a water bottle. Doesn't sound like a lot, right? Well, it fills me up, and I love the taste. Some people think I'm dieting, but I'm not...there's only so much I can take to school >_>;;
Get home at a time as early as 3, or as late as 5 depending on after school activities...I usually have a snack during after school stuff or just at home.
After that, I play DDR for an hour or so...maybe a nap after that.
I eat dinner at around 6-7.
I play some more DDR, take a shower, then eat an orange while watch some TV depending on the day...and during commercials, I do some sit ups and such.
I end up doing my hw late and going to bed at around 1 am, and start the cycle all over!

See, it seems like I don't eat too much. It fills me up though. I'm at my average weight, but I'm trying to get in shape (not lose weight). I'm currently 5'4" and 109ish, maybe 110 lb. I'm not too big or too thin, but I'm certainly not very fit.

Anyway, be sure to keep a balence of excercise and food. Get enough sleep too!

And DON'T DIET! Dieting only works for a short period of time. The weight will come back. If you adjust your lifestyle for a long period and adapt to it, then it'll keep you healthy and at the weight that is right for YOU

Be sure not to try and lose it all in a short period of time. It's unhealthy to lose that much in a few weeks. Remember, you're still growing, so respect your bodies needs.

GL!