View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
I've been to WDW like... 13-15 times I believe, so Magic Kingdom about... 30 or something, I don't keep track of that. (I'm guessing you've been many more times as I live like... 24 hours driving distance away and 3 hours by plane) haha, but umm... Is Pirates of The Caribbean one of the major down-time rides? I've ridden it a ton of times, but from my own personal experience I'm pretty sure it's been the one ride that has been down the most, or is most likely to be shut down for a few hours/day. Your thoughts?
Hehe, I lost count at 100 visits into a park per day in 2005. The year is 2011. I've gone more since then. I'm not gonna start counting up again either

As for the down-time? In my opinion, POTC is normally a ride that has 2 separate lines to wait. However, sometimes the ride does not use both lines at the same time. Recently I have seen it backed up over Spring Break due to only using one line. In my personal experience, some of the rides that have the most down time are SOARIN', Test Track, Toy Story Midway Mania!, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Expedition: Everest. Although I must say that Kilomanjaro Safaris also has it's own fair share of down time, but that is normally due to animal blocking the jeep's travel path.

-Stitchco ready for more questions as the WDW expert-nerd that he is
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco