Old 05-27-2008, 05:37 PM
BUNNIES.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

AstroAcer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that friendships and communities were only myths.

Sorry, I guess I didn't say it correctly. I'm not one of the people who says that VMK was just a game; I believe that it was a community where friendships were made and such. When I wrote that I was looking at it from Disney's perspective. I doubt that they'd think that VMK was a community, to be honest.

Quote:
The way you were talking, you sounded like those cases of history worked because of the bloodshed.

Regardless, I hate having to pull the history card. Too expected, and doesn't have the same effect it used to. Let's move along.
No, that isn't what I was trying to say. I was simply attempting to say that those things were fights in which people had to face violent opposition and similar to reach their goals. Whereas with saving VMK you face a huge company, and not much else.

Quote:
Yep. So then, years later, they can go "Hey, if we made it so far back then (Regardless of if we won or not,) Why can't we go farther this time?"
Not everything that you campaign for will be like VMK. Saving VMK doesn't involve the chance that you'll be killed, injured, or arrested (well, at least it doesn't for most people). I don't think that you can compare your fight to save VMK with some other possible fights...

Quote:
Considering Disney is a corporation that has to look out for the best interests of the shareholders, if the damage we do is higher than what it costs to just run VMK...

Again, though, I personally do not like boycotting.
The only things that we could do to damage Disney enough to put back VMK would probably be illegal.

Quote:
The thing is, how much can the average person do for the latter? Donate money, and maybe give some encouraging words for those who are affected by the illness.

What can they do to save VMK? Alot.

If everyone only cared about the "Most important" problem, The rest would never get fixed.
But, are the rest even worth fixing? What purpose will they serve if those fights are won? In VMK's case, it would provide enjoyment for a small number of people.

Well, I'm sure we can continue arguing like this forever. But, I doubt that either one of us really wants to go on that long, lol. I see that this is something that you are adamant about and that I can't persuade you otherwise. Not only would it be near-impossible to get you to change your mind, but now that I think about it not everybody believes the same things to be worth fighting for. I'll keep my opinion and won't bug the radicals such as yourself anymore. I never wanted to offend anybody, I just didn't want to see people spending the majority of their time trying to save VMK.