View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 02:39 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Its times like this that I need to remind people that VMK "back then" wasn't all so great either.

The loading issue has been strange for me - its always taken a while for VMK to load and I'm not sure I've seen that change really. It still takes just as long to load - just now we have a picture that changes every so often.

There were scammers, although not as many since there were fewer things to scam with. And there were certainly people who were banned.

I'm not sure that I can agree that prices were "just right". 500 or 1000 credits then were just as implausible as 10000 credits seem to me now. When I was saving up to make my first room that requied four teleporters, it took me forever Nedding to get enough credits. I routinely got 0 credits from fireworks. Routinely got just a few credits from pirates. Ned was my only hope. The 1000 credits I needed for a monorail poster took me months to save up for.

Nowadays we get double-credit days, Treasure Detector Magic gives us a chance at 5000 credits at a shot. There are more NPCs and music mixes we can get credits from every day. Another game which gives people an opportunity for credits if they're not good at the others. Not to mention out-of-game games which give prizes we can sell.

Everything was "fun" because it was new. Now things are "fun" because people are doing new things in different ways. We created our own fun back then - now people seem to expect VMK to provide the fun for them. If you create your own fun, VMK is still a really fun place to play.

And you seem to forget all the things that made VMK a lot less fun back then. Like the scheduled disconnects that happened promptly every 30 minutes no matter what you were doing. Like the furniture that would randomly move (or vanish) if you left the room.

There are always plusses and minuses as things change. I'm not sure looking back on how VMK was really helps things, to be honest. Whats more important is looking at how we can make VMK continuously better.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!