Old 05-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Walt Disney World
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 1

WDWTigger72 is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmkTokrok
How do you do these? I can post pics of the items in different stages ex. turnstile open and then closed) and I might be able to put them together but idk if I can... but how do you do the ones of dancing and stuff?
Honestly, I am probably doing it a longer way than others but its currently working for me. I first record video of the animated objects using a product called SnagIT, and then pretty much step through each frame and save only the frames that change. As, I am stepping through each frame I am seeing how many clicks it takes before the frame changes (i.e. Most have been three or four clicks). Then I am taking each image I have saved off and importing them as animation into a product called "Macromedia Fireworks". You can then manipulate each frame in seconds to mimic exactly what vmk is doing (i.e. Previous step where I counted how many clicks for example 3 clicks maybe 21 seconds, 4 clicks about 28 seconds...Each click is 7 seconds)....Then poof you can use the export wizard and save as animated gif...

I prefer using the two seperate programs because I can manipulate the start and stop image, for example the random number generator gold would have had that little green circle next to it when you move your mouse in a room so you know where you can move/place items...

P.S. I saw some software programs out there that can convert AVI files into ANIMATED GIF files, but haven't taken the time out to use them yet. A free video recording software is CamStudio 2.5 so you maybe able to use that, and then use the conversion applications...Just do a search on "CamStudio 2.5 which I got from CNET, and also "Convert AVI to ANIMATED GIF"...

Last edited by WDWTigger72; 05-15-2008 at 01:19 AM..