View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Disneyland Fangirl
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Boo!
Silverpsycho is as Frosty as a Snowman
This is my first time stumbling into this thread, so forgive me for being rather late to the party. I welcome this mistake/error in the Guinness Book of World Records as a positive thing before anything else because any form of notoriety is positive, even though we can no longer play. I know it takes quite some time for a book to get published, even if it is the infamous Guinness World of Records. Maybe VMK was open at the time they were covering this edition and didn't bother correcting the err before it was published. Either way, it does display just how huge VMK once was.

Deep down, I always feel Disney will bring back VMK. I'm not holding my breath and I have not been waiting for this to happen...yet I feel it. I don't understand throwing away all the resources and ditching such a powerful tool that worked. This game brought traffic into the parks and certain attractions. Sure VMK was free, but it most certainly brought in money.

After all these years, I believe those who once played would return out of nostalgia and happily fork over money to play once again. However, maybe this is the number one reason why Disney would not return...having to explain to those who spent so much money on the old VMK before it was shut down. The people who may have gone out of their way to book a cruise for the Stitch Hat, those who purchased pins that came with virtual pirate gear and then those who used Disney Reward Zone points towards VMK gear as well. Unfortunately people would not get over certain items they had lost and therefore Disney would be up for possibly too much debate.

Hopefully someone will see the power of VMK and bring it back in some form to promote another anniversary of one of their parks in the future. I'd rejoin without conflict. If anything, I miss it to get a small taste of Disneyland while I can't actually be there as much as I'd like to be. I think that goes for everyone who played. We all came together through The Happiest Place on Earth...who wouldn't want to do that?