Thread: Which Hotel?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Pirate in Training @ POTC
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 2

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundurga View Post
My sister and I have lately been discussing that we want to take our parents to one of the upscale hotels on property in WDW. We have already ruled out Disney's Swan and Dolphin. I would though on the other hand like some opinions of the following hotels to help up us hit number one.

The Contemporary
The Grand Floridian
The Polynesian
The Boardwalk
The Yacht Club
The Beach club

If you have any information about these hotels, or you want to post stuff about the atmosphere, please post here.

NOTE: I have already used WDW.com

They're all great hotels but it really depends on what you're looking for. They all have great pools, food and themeing.

The Contemporary, The Grand and The Poly are all on the monorail which is really cool in itself. But also has a huge downfall after you're spoiled by the monorail (or walk!!) to the Magic Kingdom and then have to catch a bus (or water taxi) to another location. In all of them, you can find spots to watch the nightime fireworks at the Magic Kingdom without actually being in the park (without the effects of the music). On the other hand, they're also the oldest of the hotels on the list and sometimes show their age. I have a friend that will only stay at the Grand for his 14 day trip every year. Another friend swears by the Poly and I personally love the Contemporary.

I can't answer for the other hotels since I've not been to them.

Somebody also mentioned the Animal Kingdom Lodge. To me, that would be a dream hotel. To sit on your balcony, overlook the savannas and watch the wondering animals. How calming and relaxing that would be. However, our family is "on the go" most of the day, and the animals are rounded up in the evening. So, at the times we'd be in our room, the animals would not be out.

Again, it really is your personal preference. Disney is known for it's surpreme theming and no matter where you choose to stay, I'm sure it will be a wonderful and memoriable experience for you and your family.