View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 06:43 AM
Pirate in Training @ POTC
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 2

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Chele has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezibabe View Post
I guess more people will put more effort in, for a longer time, if nobody knows when it will end.. I kinda like not knowing. If you want this prize, you have to keep going until the Mods decide it is time to reset them.

As for those who have already won it once (or twice) before, why should we give way to others who cannot be bothered to try for it? Actually, if you look at the scores this time they were very, very low in comparison to other times. When I won it I got a score of nearly 10,000, previous to that it was won with a score of 33,333! Being in the Top10 was very attainable, without much effort, this time. I fully expected to be knocked out with such a low score and very surprised nobody even tried.

Beautifully put and I couldn't have said it better myself. Many of the players are in chat daily/nightly and jump in here and there for a question which adds up quickly. Honestly, I didn't even try this time around. The scores were so low that it just happened.

To me, the best strategy is to set a realistic goal and reach for it. If you go into trivia on day 1 reaching for 1000 - 2000 answers in a few days, chances are you're going to burn yourself out pretty quickly. Remember the old story of the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady wins the race (or in this case, builds up answers) – except for the crazy 33,333 score – that really was the odd ball thing (haha).

And actually many trivia (and chat) members have become great friends in vmk. The playful bantering that we share is extremely joyful. Isn't that what the trivia game is really designed for? Just another outlet (related to vmk) for us to share common experiences without the limitations of the vmk dictionary yet still maintaining the basic (and conservative) G rating.

Congratulations to all the winners. It was great to see some new names fly by in the top 10. And, I hope to see these same names and new ones in the coming trivia contest.