VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   VMKF's Competitions and Contests (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Contribution Contest (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67232)

Garfieldo 06-25-2006 09:11 PM

Contribution Contest

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick
I throw in a Mega Subscription for the winner and a PM & Sig Subscription for two runners up.

Now that I've got your attention...
The wiki has been filled with quite a lot of information in the time it's been out, but I've noticed that not very many users contribute information, or at least not often. I'm a pretty active poster on this forum, and I would have thought that someone would have PMed me some sort of information, since I'm always telling people that they can contibute by PMing their info or guides to an editor. Now, don't get me wrong- it's not that me or the other editors are too lazy to add the information ourselves, but some people are more experienced in some places, and write better guides for that subject. For example, Schmoofy is into Haunted Mansion, so he can write a good guide that explains the ins and outs of HM. Me, I stink at it, so a lot of the information wouldn't be very detailed and some inaccurate. Also, keep in mind that not every single editor is active.

But enough of all that stuff that you're probably not interested in hearing. xD I'm having a little wiki contest to help people become more interested in the wiki. Here's the details:

1. Write a guide or part of a wiki page and then PM it to me. It can be for VMK, Toontown, Pirates of the Caribbean, or other Disney online games.
2. You can submit more than one/article if you want, but try to keep it in one PM.
3. Pictures are helpful, but they're not required.
4. The best entries will be added to the wiki.
5. The person who submits the #1 best entry will get to get a choice between the following prizes:
  • Contemporary Hotel Pin
  • Disneyland Hotel Pin
  • Tangaroa-Ru Tiki Pin
  • Expedition Everest Cap
6. You can submit more than one entry.
7. Remember, don't submit information that's already there!
8. Editors can enter.
9. If you're an editor, you can submit a page that you worked on in the past, but only if you're the only one who worked on it. You can see if anyone else did work on it by checking the page's history. If you created the page, and people did work after you, the page will be judged by the original versions you made before someone else came in.
10. Entries are only accepted until July 10. If you're an editor working on a page, you may change it as many times as you like until that day, since entries are also judged July 10. Keep in mind that even if your entry doesn't win, it may still be added to the wiki.

Adventurebry 06-26-2006 12:04 AM

Are we allowed to submit information that is already there, If we put it there? I know this would spoil the meaning for the competion, but I am just asking =).

Garfieldo 06-26-2006 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventurebry
Are we allowed to submit information that is already there, If we put it there? I know this would spoil the meaning for the competion, but I am just asking =).

Yes, you can submit information that's already there, if you were the one to contribute it in the first place. BUT, you can only do so if you're the only one who worked on that page.

Nick 06-27-2006 12:53 AM

I throw in a Mega Subscription for the winner and a PM & Sig Subscription for two runners up.

Adventurebry 06-27-2006 01:24 AM

Quote:

I bet that will get some more participants, Nick!

StitchMad 06-27-2006 07:07 AM

ooo! I can do the guide on red flips :D

vmkstar99 06-27-2006 01:45 PM

Perfect, i will do a guide on un-realeased items.

TikiRoom 06-28-2006 09:14 PM

I will do one on "Pirate Month", June.

REDTAZ 06-28-2006 09:18 PM

I will do a guide on the new pirates game on vmk how to get to it etc.

vmkstar99 06-29-2006 03:41 AM

When is this contest ending? I am tired of checking back at this thread.

Nick 06-29-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmkstar99
When is this contest ending? I am tired of checking back at this thread.

See this from the OP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfieldo
10. Entries are only accepted until July 10. If you're an editor working on a page, you may change it as many times as you like until that day, since entries are also judged July 10. Keep in mind that even if your entry doesn't win, it may still be added to the wiki.

vmkstar99 06-29-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

See this from the OP

Oh, never saw that.

Garfieldo 06-29-2006 04:00 PM

By the way, there's another Contrib Contest on TTC now, and three people on that site will get subscriptions, too! That means it's two seperate contests. Also, since it started late, the TTC contest ends July 15.

Happy contributing! ^^

vmkstar99 06-29-2006 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfieldo
By the way, there's another Contrib Contest on TTC now, and three people on that site will get subscriptions, too! That means it's two seperate contests. Also, since it started late, the TTC contest ends July 15.

Happy contributing! ^^

Hey, could you use my entry as my TTC entry, too?

Garfieldo 06-30-2006 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmkstar99
Hey, could you use my entry as my TTC entry, too?

Umm... Do you have a TTC account? Because if you win on TTC, you'll get your subscription for that account over there, and not on VMKF (or at least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works).