VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   In-Park Quests (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Holiday Quests At DLR (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128717)

groovysqirrel 09-25-2007 03:29 AM

Holiday Quests At DLR

Aloha,

I've Been Wondering Lately With The Holiday Season Coming Up, How They Might Be Doing The Halloween/Holiday Quests At DLR This Year. Will They Be At The Entrance, Or Handing Them Out, Or Even... Not Doing Them! :eek:

I Was Thinking Of Sending An E-Mail To Disney, About This.

Has Anyone Else Wondered This?

CooledCoyote 09-25-2007 10:00 AM

Yes, me! I'm going to be there around Halloween, and maybe getting something like the Pumpkin has been in the back of my mind.

OhanaGirl1 09-25-2007 10:43 AM

I don't think VMK has any plans to have ANY quests at all for the holidays or otherwise. I think people need to accept that. The park quests are over, how much clearer can they make that?

prisoner 09-25-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhanaGirl1 (Post 1774411)
he park quests are over, how much clearer can they make that?

Well... they could say that. But they haven't.

What they've said (when they say anything at all) is that VMK Central is over.

You'll remember that even after VMK Central in DLR closed, there was a "quest" (really just a code handout) for the Nemo Submarine Middle.

Now - I don't want to start rumors or wild speculation. I fully expect them to do nothing this year. But from what little they've told us, they keep dangling the prospect of doing something in front of us.

OhanaGirl1 09-25-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prisoner (Post 1774413)
Well... they could say that. But they haven't.

What they've said (when they say anything at all) is that VMK Central is over.

You'll remember that even after VMK Central in DLR closed, there was a "quest" (really just a code handout) for the Nemo Submarine Middle.

Now - I don't want to start rumors or wild speculation. I fully expect them to do nothing this year. But from what little they've told us, they keep dangling the prospect of doing something in front of us.

Yavn speaks- May 21
Quote-
So hold on, before you start sending me and the Walt Disney Company hate mail, let me explain why this is happening. First of all, I'm sure many of you will remember the VMK Tour, the Fantasyland Quest and other VMK in-Park Quest and Rewards – then you'll remember that we've continued to change the way the program has run over time. Secondly, the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – in fact, we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.

IDK, that sounds to me like he told us they were over- except an occasional throw in which they appear not to be sure of either-

Yavn Speaks -6 August-
Quote-
We've always tried to experiment with unique ways of doing things, like in-Park Questing, and we'll continue to do that (for example, we'll still be doing cool stuff in the Parks, like the merchandise cards and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Quest) - but those things won't revolve just around VMK Central.

Sounds like they do not even know what they will do in the future, but also seems pretty clear the old quests won't be back. Don't you think?

sunnyskye 09-25-2007 12:38 PM

Well, the quests may be gone, but they can always give them out in different ways.

prisoner 09-25-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhanaGirl1 (Post 1774420)
IDK, that sounds to me like he told us they were over- except an occasional throw in which they appear not to be sure of either-

But the question is - will they have "throw in"s this holiday season? They have explicity not ruled them out. They've even used the word "quest" for something that wasn't anything like a quest.

And otherwise... they've told us almost nothing. As usual.