VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project: SAVE VMK! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   My letter to disney, good or bad ? (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156252)

EliteRichSaucer 09-17-2009 03:17 AM

My letter to disney, good or bad ?

Do tell me what you think :) I dont know if i should send it or not ? :balloon:

Dear Mr. Bob Iger

I live in New Zealand. I have been a Disney fan all of my life and have always dremed of having the chance to visit your resorts in California and Florida. Being that I live so far away, I enjoyed being able to log on every day and play for hours on your online kingdom VMK. When i found out that it was cloing i was devistated. The thought of not being able to experience that little bit of Disney magic made my heart break. I write to you today, Mr, Iger to ask Disney to reconsider its choice in closing its online gates. Many children around the world found comfort in online friends who enjoyed the same thing as them. We all have the same thing in common, we all enjoy that Disney spirit. For those of us who live too far away to be able to experience the parks in real life, VMK was a great source of comfort for us. I understand that VMK was a promotion, but for many, it was more than just a promotion, it was a land were you could escape and dreams could come true. We plead you to open those virtual gates once more so that everyone may experience the Disney magic from their home. I do hope to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Regards

KEBSD 09-17-2009 04:23 AM

Very good letter, although you may want to use spellcheck ;)

~Key

SoccerRyan 09-17-2009 04:33 AM

Very nice and thoughtful letter. I like how it's simple and clear rather than aggressive and aimless like some other letters have probably been. I appreciate your sending this letter, if you haven't already. :)

Palkia 09-17-2009 05:27 AM

Use spell check.
Otherwise, it's pretty good.

starwolf97 09-18-2009 12:37 AM

You should send it. We need everybody to involve in telling disney we want vmk back or we never will.

VMKObsessed554 09-19-2009 12:02 AM

Bravo! You should check the spelling though. I think that at the end of the letter it's kind of sad and hopefully Disney will have a heart and listen to your letter. But most likely they won't listen..... WHAT AM I SAYING?!?!?!? send that letter and have confidence in yourself!

Disney Master 500 09-19-2009 12:53 PM

It's a lovely letter. =)
I like how it was made rather clear and simple, but still discussing the point.
You might want to consider spellcheck real quick, though. ;)

~Disney M.

EliteRichSaucer 09-21-2009 05:45 AM

Thanks guys, yeah im a horrid speller lol. that and we spell some words differently in New Zealand, which is annoying. Well i sent that email early last week and still no reply ... how rude

KEBSD 09-21-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliteRichSaucer (Post 2178701)
Thanks guys, yeah im a horrid speller lol. that and we spell some words differently in New Zealand, which is annoying. Well i sent that email early last week and still no reply ... how rude

Don't worry about it, I sent an email a month or two back to about a dozen people and have yet to hear from them... I don't think I ever will. Just because they don't reply doesn't mean they don't read the emails ;)

~Key

BoyNoWhere 09-21-2009 06:22 PM

Writting letters to corporations is a good experience, as well as a catharsis of sorts. Just don't have high expectations. If you get a personal reply of any sort, that would be impressive. BTW, you don't have to travel to CA or FL to experience a Disney theme park. Holy cow, Florida is on the other side of the planet from you! Go to Disney Sea in Japan. It is an AMAZING theme park. Could well be the best park in the world.

Kit 09-21-2009 07:22 PM

I suggest you add something to it! Have you read the Kingdom Keepers books?

I suggest they re-fund VMK (like a VMK rebooted) as part of a movie based on the Kingdom Keepers books. It could be a HUGE money maker for Disney and since the books rely on VMK.... it would also create a LOT of buzz to bring (paying) players to VMK.

That's my suggestion :) PM me if you need more feedback, I'm not on these forums very much anymore.

-Kit-

EliteRichSaucer 09-22-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KEBSD (Post 2178708)
Don't worry about it, I sent an email a month or two back to about a dozen people and have yet to hear from them... I don't think I ever will. Just because they don't reply doesn't mean they don't read the emails ;)

~Key

yeah, i remember once a while back i sent an email to someone and i actually got a reply, i was impressed haha, i cant remember who it was though :/

:mickey: