VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Disney/Pixar Games Archive (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Cars Online Imformation ( Still looking for more! ) (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144789)

toontoony 04-02-2008 04:15 PM

Cars Online Imformation ( Still looking for more! )

1 Attachment(s)
Some of you may not know, but the next online game is cars online.
Sorry if this si the wrong place, if so move it and if its all ready been posted, close it down.
Well heres the logo!

Attachment 32017

Qoute form Bob Iger:
Quote:

"Cars" online game that lets you roam around the enviroment of Radiator Springs and experience the world that Pixar and John "The Mousetro" Lasseter created.
Thanks greenway for posting the imfo next!:
Quote:

Mattel Disney Pixar Cars: Online World Coming …
Jump to Comments

I had this bookmarked, mis-filed it and just found it again - this is the original quote alluded to in the Toy Fair press release:

HIGHLIGHTING in BOLD my additions …

“Disney Eyes More Online Investment

The Walt Disney Co. will invest more in online games and virtual worlds following the success of sites with themes based on Disney Fairies and “Pirates of the Caribbean.”

In 2008, the company will launch an online game site based on the Disney/Pixar film “Cars,” Disney President and CEO Robert Iger said Nov. 29 during the Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. Long View Conference.

In August, Disney acquired Club Penguin, a virtual world site with more than 700,000 paid subscribers.

Disney is going to invest “substantially” in these types of sites over the next few years because of their potential and fitting in with the rise of the home computer as an entertainment medium, Iger said.

The sites are also helpful in growing and maintaining interest in Disney film franchises, Iger said.

For instance in the absence of a sequel for “Cars” or while waiting for a sequel, the new virtual world site based on the film will continue to make the characters and setting relevant and in front of millions of people around the world, Iger said.

“You can live with and act with Lightning McQueen for years to come,” Iger added.

I call Mac iCar!

Who will you be?

From the San Fernanado Business Journal (registration required so I clipped the entire article BTW).

vmkgirl28 04-02-2008 04:21 PM

I checked the website, it looks awesome! Great find! :)

king lurker 04-08-2008 02:48 PM

So with VMK going away.....this is where they want us to go "Disney Fairies" and "Cars" games, but I dont have any information about theses. anyone have links?

acefredfred 04-08-2008 04:12 PM

As VMK is going away I say i must move on to a different game. Cars online sounds fun! Can i have the website link? Hopefully we don't get bothered by Disney over there. We must have a regular game staff. Not a Yavn type person. Hope to see ya'll there!
- acefredfred

BurntTomatoFace 04-08-2008 05:39 PM

I cant wait :)
with VMK leaving I need something else to pass the time,link please :)

benihodge 04-08-2008 06:05 PM

linkafy please

Kit 04-08-2008 06:22 PM

Is this going to split us into "boys" (cars) and "girls" (fairies) games? I hope not.
Most important is it menu chat or free chat?
-Kit

Chanclyn 04-08-2008 06:23 PM

I too am interested in these new games please post a link to the web sights it you find one

Destination 04-08-2008 07:26 PM

if you can chat on this game, then Im going to join it.

sonic99979 04-08-2008 07:39 PM

What is the link to the website to keep me updated?

Destination 04-08-2008 07:43 PM

For the website, just go to google and google search "Disney cars online game" it should come up then.

Tris-Remix 04-08-2008 07:47 PM

Oooh seems like fun! I'll join, if it's for free ;)

Greenway 04-08-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Mattel Disney Pixar Cars: Online World Coming …
Jump to Comments

I had this bookmarked, mis-filed it and just found it again - this is the original quote alluded to in the Toy Fair press release:

HIGHLIGHTING in BOLD my additions …

“Disney Eyes More Online Investment

The Walt Disney Co. will invest more in online games and virtual worlds following the success of sites with themes based on Disney Fairies and “Pirates of the Caribbean.”

In 2008, the company will launch an online game site based on the Disney/Pixar film “Cars,” Disney President and CEO Robert Iger said Nov. 29 during the Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. Long View Conference.

In August, Disney acquired Club Penguin, a virtual world site with more than 700,000 paid subscribers.

Disney is going to invest “substantially” in these types of sites over the next few years because of their potential and fitting in with the rise of the home computer as an entertainment medium, Iger said.

The sites are also helpful in growing and maintaining interest in Disney film franchises, Iger said.

For instance in the absence of a sequel for “Cars” or while waiting for a sequel, the new virtual world site based on the film will continue to make the characters and setting relevant and in front of millions of people around the world, Iger said.

“You can live with and act with Lightning McQueen for years to come,” Iger added.

I call Mac iCar!

Who will you be?

From the San Fernanado Business Journal (registration required so I clipped the entire article BTW).
from <site removed>

the_phoenix 04-08-2008 09:54 PM

Notice how they don't even MENTION VMK in the article?

Gamesrock 04-08-2008 10:01 PM

when will this open ?