VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Art Shops (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Help restoring a memory? (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156577)

Adventurebry 03-22-2010 03:07 AM

Help restoring a memory?

Okay, you know how in the VMK best guest rooms they used to post a picture on the homepage with a VMK emblem in the corner? Well, I recently got a pin of the VMK emblem, and would like to frame it with one of my proudest moments on VMK, when I won my best quest pin. Sadly, the picture posted on the VMK homepage was lost with the death of my computer, and the one below is all I have left. The only problem is it has those unsightly text boxes (if I was to frame it) I attempted on editing them out, to no avail. I know this may be a difficult job and may be a lot to ask, but does anybody thin kthey can edit out the text boxes? Or is there really not much hope because of all the items and people that happen to be underneath them? Thanks anyway!

http://www.vmkforums.com/gallery/dat...OST_Sparky.JPG

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section; I wasn't positive where it should be.

Broccolisprout 03-22-2010 04:51 AM

I believe I may be able to do something. I'll get to work on it :)

Jezzi 03-22-2010 06:25 PM

Have you had a look through our wonderful Wiki? Most things were recorded including all the Best Rooms. Maybe your picture is amongst those.

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...hp/Top_Players

Adventurebry 03-22-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jezzi (Post 2184038)
Have you had a look through our wonderful Wiki? Most things were recorded including all the Best Rooms. Maybe your picture is amongst those.

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...hp/Top_Players

Ahh, dont remind me XD. I went throught that whole list a few times, untill I foudn in the gallery that I said I won it on 8/22/06, so I looked that up, and the picture was nto to be found. Maybe these pictures were never pit up? Maybe I just don't know my way around the wiki? Thank yuofor the suggestion though, and thank youfor pointing out my dumb error in adavance my picture is, in fact there (under Adventurebry). It should be here, if I am not mistaking..
http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...nd_Top_Players

Thank you so much, Broccolisprout =).

Jezzi 03-22-2010 09:59 PM

ugh, so sorry :( Good luck with your project.

Adventurebry 03-22-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jezzi (Post 2184041)
ugh, so sorry :( Good luck with your project.

Ahh, its okay. Thanks anyway! I have faith in Broccolisprout. No pressure!!! :icon12m:

Broccolisprout 03-23-2010 06:15 AM

Well, I have about 1/4 of it restored. Pixel by pixel, it's coming together. The hardest part so far has been the VMK logo on top of the Quest kiosk. Going to work on the mountain next. I'm using pictures from the Wiki to restore some parts, but other parts are pretty well covered up.

Adventurebry 03-24-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broccolisprout (Post 2184050)
Well, I have about 1/4 of it restored. Pixel by pixel, it's coming together. The hardest part so far has been the VMK logo on top of the Quest kiosk. Going to work on the mountain next. I'm using pictures from the Wiki to restore some parts, but other parts are pretty well covered up.

Thank you so much. I really don't know how to thank you. Really, though, if it gets too hard or begins to become too time consuming, don't worry about it. I am very exited though :P. Mind telling me what program you are using? I mean, I only have paint now ( though I suppose it could be done there..) but I think the reason why I can't do it is a mix of my impatientness (lol) and my juvenile arthritis (in my fingers and neck), which makes it pretty difficult to do anything that requires distinct movement and placements of pictures and pixels. Thanks again, and don't worry about it if you want to quit :2balloon:.

acefredfred 03-24-2010 04:37 AM

Hmm.. Since all the VMK files can still be found on their database it may be accessible. There were all the best room pictures on it still. I'll try to look tomorrow.

- ace

Broccolisprout 03-24-2010 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventurebry (Post 2184057)
Mind telling me what program you are using?

I'm using GIMP. Hey, it works.

Adventurebry 03-24-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acefredfred (Post 2184058)
Hmm.. Since all the VMK files can still be found on their database it may be accessible. There were all the best room pictures on it still. I'll try to look tomorrow.

- ace

Thanks so much to both you and Broccolisprout (btw, i love broccoli sprouts; I put them on subs or salads I make :P) for trying to help me. I hate to be doing nothing while you too are working hard for me. I spent soo many hours looking through the VMK database, looking for it, again it happened on 8/22/06, if that helps acefredfred, and I never found anything (I think you may be pretty unlikely to, too, unless you know your way around a database; I had no idea, I was just clicking and typing in names that seemed to fit in the address bar). Just like I couldn't get far trying to restore the picture I have. I am pretty useless, lol. Thanks again!

Broccolisprout 03-25-2010 07:23 PM

I looked through the wiki- it's not there.

I'm still working on the restoration, and it's coming along nicely. No worries :)

Adventurebry 04-13-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broccolisprout (Post 2184077)
I looked through the wiki- it's not there.

I'm still working on the restoration, and it's coming along nicely. No worries :)

Thank you for your hard work, Broccolisprout =).

Broccolisprout 04-13-2010 07:39 AM

Still coming along nicely, although we've had some power outages recently, so I had to re-do one minor painting job. I'm still staring at the girl in the gold chair, wondering how to go about doing that. I'm sure I'll end up finding pictures of her outfit and her face to restore it. Simple enough... once I find the motivation and time to go all about the internet looking for the screenshots. :Taking:

Adventurebry 04-13-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broccolisprout (Post 2184407)
Still coming along nicely, although we've had some power outages recently, so I had to re-do one minor painting job. I'm still staring at the girl in the gold chair, wondering how to go about doing that. I'm sure I'll end up finding pictures of her outfit and her face to restore it. Simple enough... once I find the motivation and time to go all about the internet looking for the screenshots. :Taking:

Ughh, I know that will be difficult because I have tried to search for a girl that color in those clothes and the VMK on the quest machine for about two hours one day, until I finally quit. Not I am not the best at finding things online, but if it takes you too long to, don't worry about it at all; I would be perfectly happy with anything you've done so far. Thanks again =).