VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Articles (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   VMKF Moving Forward (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157125)

Zilly 09-25-2013 12:19 PM

VMKF Moving Forward

We're not going anywhere!

With the recent closure of Toontown Online, Pixie Hollow, and Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and any plans for reopening being off in the future, the administrators have had to make some difficult decisions. Do we change? To what? When? What will we be rated?

We'd like to announce that we know the answers to those questions now. Wednesday October 16th the ToontownCentral.com site will be taken offline. Don't panic! We will reopen Friday October 18th as MMOCentralForums.com. The current URL will continue to redirect for some time. We'll warn you before it stops. Additionally, MMOCentralForums.com will condense most of our current sites into one. All DisneysOnlineWorlds sites except PixieHollowForums.com will be archived.

MMOCentralForums? What will that do?
MMOCentralForums won't be built around a single game. We will be offering forums for a wide variety of games along with the off topic and creative areas our members enjoy. There will also be forums geared towards specific age groups, which we will explain more when the site reopens. A few other surprises are in store!
What happens to my account?
All current TTC accounts will remain active. You will log in with your username and password just like you do now. Your contact list will be there, all images, all posts, reputation... Nothing will change. If you are a member of another site it will be necessary to register on the current www.ToontownCentral.com. We will be transferring all subscriptions (and a few other account perks as well!) from each archived site to the new MMOCentralForums.com. PixieHollowForums.com members will not need to do anything unless you'd like to join the new site as well.
What will these new forums be rated?
After a lot of thought and debate we have elected to remain G-rated with a few changes. Think of it as G+. The family friendly nature of our site is an important part of who we are. We will be posting an updated version of our policies to illustrate these changes.
What do you mean "other sites will be archived."
The current site will be closed and a redirect will be created. Those posts will be read-only. All images will also be saved. It will be necessary to create a new account on the TTC site. Unfortunately that is unavoidable. However, we will still maintain a scaled down forum for those sites on MMOCentralForums.com. You will not lose a place to talk about a game you loved!

I'm part of a clan, what will happen to that?
The decision to stay open or close will be made by your current clan leaders. At this time we have no plans to close any clans.

Obviously, these are only the basics of our plans and what's in store. We have decided to make these changes so that we are more adaptable within the changing world of gaming. We are open to suggestions and ideas. We'll be different, but we hope you'll continue to call us home.

bluedudeman 09-25-2013 04:41 PM

So this website, VMKF, is closing on the 16th as well? We're basically relocating to Toontown Central, which is being renamed and repurposed?

And as a VMKF member, I will have to make a new account, losing my post count, reputation, awards, purple scrolly username, trivia scores, etc, and I will be back to the start as if I'm a new member?

I fully understand the reason for the changes, just looking to clarify on a bit. Personally I don't know if I'll be registering on Toontown Central, this may be it for me.

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding everything though.

aceastrofan 09-26-2013 01:31 AM

I don't understand if this was posted on all of the forums for one consolidation, or just to alert all forum users to the new website for old TTO. If it is a merger, I get the change. Sad to potentially see VMKF go. Last of the original VMK forums around.

Batleth 09-26-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedudeman (Post 2190425)
And as a VMKF member, I will have to make a new account, losing my post count, reputation, awards, purple scrolly username, trivia scores, etc, and I will be back to the start as if I'm a new member?

yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes
Quote:

Originally Posted by aceastrofan (Post 2190426)
I don't understand if this was posted on all of the forums for one consolidation, or just to alert all forum users to the new website for old TTO. If it is a merger, I get the change. Sad to potentially see VMKF go. Last of the original VMK forums around.

both

aceastrofan 09-27-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batleth (Post 2190427)
both

Ah. Sad to see it go. Thanks for the memories!

eboy 09-28-2013 06:16 AM

Couldn't enter this site the other day and thought it was closed already.
Good thing someone posted in the 'EKB Sighting' thread and an email was sent to me.
Just in time to say my final goodbye to this wonderful forum.
Had a lot of fun memories here :') Glad it is my first forum.
Thank you very much VMKForums for everything.

P.S.: Neoteny is still top poster? xD
~me~

KEBSD 09-28-2013 05:31 PM

Bye VMKForums!

spacerightsummer 09-28-2013 10:41 PM

Happy Trails!

Zero0911 10-05-2013 01:17 AM

Shame...I was hoping some old friends would come on here and see the PM's I left them (they seem to come on every once in a while) oh well, thanks for the heads up

Miketic 10-07-2013 06:59 AM

Aww, well there goes my childhood...
C'ya on the other side...

Gamecrazy 10-07-2013 07:17 PM

So will VMK wiki be shutting down?

yumsse 10-07-2013 07:53 PM

Oh wow. This is heartbreaking. I've loved lurking these forums throughout the years. Even though I wasn't very active on here during VMK's run, I've enjoyed digging up the treasure troves of discussion on these forums. VMK Forums as it is now is like a museum; a sacred ground where I go to relive memories of a time past. I'm incredibly sad to see it go.

Hopefully someone will archive these forums. Perhaps I should read before posting... :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecrazy (Post 2190444)
So will VMK wiki be shutting down?

I'm also extremely interested in this. The wiki at disneyonlineworlds.com is superbly done and is probably the most complete archive of what VMK was and everything you could possibly want to know about it.

naruhina4894 10-08-2013 03:14 AM

Well it was an honor to know you all. I know I wasn't on too much but this was an amazing community. I hope you all have great lives!

TravisSch 10-09-2013 09:13 AM

I'm sad to see the VMK Forums go. I made so many memories on here and it was a pleasure to get the opportunity to moderate on these forums. Will my Hall of Fame title transfer over if I create a new account on the new site?

kittenofthenight 10-11-2013 06:05 AM

Well, thanks for the memories VMKF :) I'll be sad to see all the old memories/threads I had go.

zephr 10-12-2013 04:19 AM

My goodness.