VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Norwegian Blue (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Getting Closer to VMK's 1 Year Mark! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154641)

MinnieMForever 02-08-2009 10:42 PM

Getting Closer to VMK's 1 Year Mark!

We are getting closer to the 1-Year mark since VMK's closing in May of 2008. How does everyone feel about that?

For me, I am actually doing okay. The year was easier than I thought it would be.

This is a poll/survey for the topic of "Close to VMK's 1-year mark".

~Earth ♥

taylorswiftfan13 02-08-2009 10:52 PM

I chose that I felt pretty good.
It was an amazing game and I still miss it,
but I've pretty much gotten over it.
Looking at old screen shots brings back good memories.

MLKnCookies 02-08-2009 10:52 PM

I really miss vmk still. Mainly just all my friends and just the "magic" and happiness that vmk brought to me. :)

bluedudeman 02-08-2009 10:54 PM

I choose that I feel okay, the year was so easy to get through :)

I would have choosen pretty good as well, but I don't think the game was so addicting.

Aggie 02-08-2009 10:56 PM

That game was really addicting!

MinnieMForever 02-08-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aggie (Post 2149598)
That game was really addicting!

I agree, but in a way I think that it's a good thing. Disney did a great job with the game - it was one of the best promotions I have ever seen. :balloon:

~Earth

SoccerRyan 02-08-2009 11:31 PM

I chose the third option because I still really miss the game and go through old pictures from time to time...

MyBirdHat 02-08-2009 11:31 PM

I'm pretty much over it, looking at screenshots brings back really good memories and that's enough for me. Once it's vmk's closing anniversary, that'll be the time where I'll be convinced that it's gone.

Silverpsycho 02-08-2009 11:49 PM

While in the beginning, I wasn't all that bummed about VMK closing, but as time passes, the more nostalgic I get. If anything, I miss the comfort of it being there, so I always had the option to go in and meet up with friends or play a game of Fireworks. It was my little escape to Disneyland without the huge cost and yes, I miss it.

I just keep telling myself that the game took a turn for the worst in the end and the magic had deteriorated because of numerous reasons. However I'd rather still have it around than not made available at all. I will always carry a sadness that I can't go on for even a minute, but I am thankful I have come out of it with some amazing friends.

With all that said, I chose the third option because it seemed to fit best, even though I don't exactly feel "awful" about it...more like "melancholy".

Also I wouldn't say the one year anniversary of VMK's closing mean it is completely gone forever. Since the materials are still available, the game could very well be reopened to celebrate another milestone celebration for one of the parks. Disney loves using tools they already have access to in order to gain more profit of its consumers. So while it has been a long time since VMK's closing, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if we see it open again for a limited time years from now.

MinnieMForever 02-09-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverpsycho (Post 2149643)
While in the beginning, I wasn't all that bummed about VMK closing, but as time passes, the more nostalgic I get. If anything, I miss the comfort of it being there, so I always had the option to go in and meet up with friends or play a game of Fireworks. It was my little escape to Disneyland without the huge cost and yes, I miss it.

I just keep telling myself that the game took a turn for the worst in the end and the magic had deteriorated because of numerous reasons. However I'd rather still have it around than not made available at all. I will always carry a sadness that I can't go on for even a minute, but I am thankful I have come out of it with some amazing friends.

With all that said, I chose the third option because it seemed to fit best, even though I don't exactly feel "awful" about it...more like "melancholy".

Also I wouldn't say the one year anniversary of VMK's closing mean it is completely gone forever. Since the materials are still available, the game could very well be reopened to celebrate another milestone celebration for one of the parks. Disney loves using tools they already have access to in order to gain more profit of its consumers. So while it has been a long time since VMK's closing, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if we see it open again for a limited time years from now.

This was another well said post.

I am glad to hear all of your opinions about VMK's 1 Year of Closure. There is still quite a few more days left on this Poll/Survey - so feel free to post more of your thoughts on VMK. :)

~Earth

PurpleCrazyLava 02-09-2009 12:30 AM

I hope they re-open VMK as a birthday surprise!!!

I chose I feel good- it's been easy.

Extras 02-09-2009 12:42 AM

I'm beginning to give up on video games in all, so this doesn't really disturb me, because the game was a major waste of my time that I could have spent with my family and friends in the real world.

la4gator 02-09-2009 01:46 AM

i feel just fine

Samyz 02-09-2009 02:03 AM

For some reason, I voted all the choices cause I felt bummed that the game closed, yet relived cause I was this close to being addicted. I took some time off the game to find out it's gone. Now, I don't know how I feel today. Happy or depressed. O.O;

~Samyz

themist 02-09-2009 04:58 AM

There where time you just needed a place to go ..