VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Best time to go to Disneyland? (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153057)

PurpleAmy 11-18-2008 02:44 AM

Best time to go to Disneyland?

Hola! This question has been popping in my head lately.

I was wondering,
When is the best time to go to Disneyland (when it's not crowed)?

Any good months, time of months, time of years would be good.

Thanks!
~PurpleAmy

TooHip 11-18-2008 05:03 AM

One quick way to gauge how busy Disney expects the parks to be is to check their annual passholder blockout dates. The So Cal Select blockout dates can give you a rough idea about crowds in the park. The most attractive dates, those that tend to draw crowds, are blocked out.

Of course, that doesn't mean all of the remaining days wont be crowded. October, for example, can get pretty busy when the holiday decorations start to show up.

Fairy 11-18-2008 05:09 AM

Hmm. Days Disneyland Isn't crowded...
Hmmmmm. I think that the best time to go is
Days when there is school and such. Like the
weekdays- And in the morning-ish afternoon.
But yeah, There are alot of black out days :P.
And I think the worst time to go are on major
holidays - like christmas. And Fridays. o.O.
Theres really no Months that don't have alot of people
coming to disneyland. XD.
:balloon:

PurpleAmy 11-27-2008 07:04 PM

Ohh, thanks guys! *TooHip, that blockout date thing helps a lot!*
Anyone else know some good times?

PurpleCrazyLava 11-27-2008 07:29 PM

I have heard that last week was a terrific time to go. It wasn't crowded until I believe the 24th or so. But, around holidays: NO NOOO!! Never in summer either. Not in 7 years do not go. Like.. Every (I think) 7 years or so there is an earthquake. Blek.. Those shake you up.. But. Always fill up your gas when you get there, and in Disneyland, if there is an earthquake, you're in the safest place to be!

ozzietropics 11-28-2008 05:46 AM

I was in California for one week in my whole life, and it just so happened a magnitude 4.8 earthquake hit LA when I just so happened to be there.

Back OT:

GO EARLY!!

We went to Disneyland in late June. Summer+Theme Parks=Crowds, however being at Disneyland on opening got us on every major ride we wanted to see, with waits of no more than 10 minutes. This includes: Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Pirates, and Mansion. (We got a FP for Indy.) By the time we got done the E-Tickets, Disneyland was bursting at the seams, and it was early-afternoon.

Take the advice of the previous posters - go during the off-season. However, if you must go in summer...

GET THERE EARLY!

That's all you need to know.

groovysqirrel 11-28-2008 09:49 PM

I usually go in January. It's not very crowded.

PurpleCrazyLava 11-28-2008 09:56 PM

January is good too. But not on New Years, it's a holiday..

Purplemysterystar 11-28-2008 10:28 PM

LOL Well One time I went in the summer and it was NOT crowded.... Hmmm... Well One thing is You have to get the early in there is no one there no matter what when you go in early its not busy. Well that is what happens to me all the time when I do early in. I went this week and It wasn't crowded until the last day but we weren't even suppose to go in the park that day anways...

PurpleCrazyLava 11-28-2008 10:42 PM

If you have complaints, find the dream people and tell them. They give you free stuff :D Act REALLY REALLY sweet. Like say, "Thank you" REALLY sweet. Hehe.. It works... (Cough) Not that I would kno- Ok I do!

Disneyzoodude 11-30-2008 12:05 AM

NOT during summer, if you really care about crouded-ness. Maybe during the chilly times of year, when not as many people are walking about the park.:snow_grin:

-D

PurpleAmy 12-26-2008 08:27 PM

Thanks for the tips, guys!

la4gator 12-29-2008 09:21 PM

if i am not traveling, i go to disneyland christmas eve and and it is really light

BanannaSplitzer 06-14-2009 09:01 AM

I mostly go during June or July

TikiPin_Dude 06-14-2009 04:27 PM

Well, being born in California and have been going my entire life... do not go during= Summer break, Winter break, spring break. Dont go during those. Those are pretty much all blackout dates. You can maybe go on New years day because... New years Ever= Party= Tired. So there you go!

We are going soon :D

I think I have a ride guide too if you need that.

Go on the Big rides in the morning such as Space Mountain.... as soon as it opens.

~tiki