VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Star Tours Now Arriving Daily (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156933)

Stitchco 08-21-2011 11:22 AM

Star Tours Now Arriving Daily

So who has been on the new Star Tours?!

In case you didn't know how it works:

You start off with a possiblity of 2 different ride openings, 3 places you travel to in the middle, 3 different transmission holograms, and 3 ending places.

But before I give anything else away, do you want me to tell you all the possibilities? :icon10m:

-Stitchco :1stitch:

EtnaGreen 08-28-2011 01:29 AM

I haven't been on it yet. It sounds awesome, though.

DocCalvin 08-28-2011 05:57 PM

Now that sounds good! Er - is there any access to the original now?

Friez 09-06-2011 12:30 AM

I actually just got back from WDW a few hours ago. I went on the new Star Tours twice. The first time, I had to get a FastPass because the line was at least 40-50 minutes. (Mind you, this is in the off-season). The second time I went on, it was only about 20. I really liked it a lot better than how it was last year. It was great how it was different every time so you never really knew what to expect.

Stitchco 12-07-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocCalvin (Post 2188638)
Now that sounds good! Er - is there any access to the original now?

Just curious, but what exactly did you mean by access to the original? If you mean can you watch it still somewhere: Yes. If you meant ride it in the park still: At DLR and DHS you cannot. I can't recall if you can still at DLRP or others however.

StitchMad 12-08-2011 12:41 AM

We did this in August. I've never seen Star Wars and my family don't really "get" the hype for it. I think it's a bit odd how there was so much publicity and advertising for the renovation and it turns out that there's not been a huge change (all that's different is the video)..

There was something else that's been renovated quite recently (it's slipped my mind at present), but I remember just wondering why a big deal wasn't really made of it. I suppose Disney have to play to the fanbases and people do tend to like a bit of Star Wars. Even the new line for Winnie The Pooh - it's a fantastic entrance but nobody really knows about it.

Stitchco 12-08-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StitchMad (Post 2189004)
We did this in August. I've never seen Star Wars and my family don't really "get" the hype for it. I think it's a bit odd how there was so much publicity and advertising for the renovation and it turns out that there's not been a huge change (all that's different is the video)..

There was something else that's been renovated quite recently (it's slipped my mind at present), but I remember just wondering why a big deal wasn't really made of it. I suppose Disney have to play to the fanbases and people do tend to like a bit of Star Wars. Even the new line for Winnie The Pooh - it's a fantastic entrance but nobody really knows about it.

Something else that's been renovated? The Tiki Room would count then. It has reverted to its original form now.

StitchMad 12-08-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitchco (Post 2189007)
Something else that's been renovated? The Tiki Room would count then. It has reverted to its original form now.

Yes, thank you! It's almost as if you read my mind last August.. haha. Yeah, The Tiki Room was restored and it's beyond me why they hardly made a big deal over it. There's thousands of die-hard Disney fanatics who would be happy to hear the news and I think they missed a trick with it. That said, we did prefer the "Under New Management" version.. :icon11m:

Stitchco 12-10-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StitchMad (Post 2189009)
Yes, thank you! It's almost as if you read my mind last August.. haha. Yeah, The Tiki Room was restored and it's beyond me why they hardly made a big deal over it. There's thousands of die-hard Disney fanatics who would be happy to hear the news and I think they missed a trick with it. That said, we did prefer the "Under New Management" version.. :icon11m:

<.< I prefer the Tiki Room with Stitch in it <.<

EtnaGreen 01-02-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StitchMad (Post 2189004)

Star Wars fans are very...intense. I can't believe how much Star Wars merchandise I see people buy. I understand the hype, but I don't understand why the refurb took so long. Before they shut down Star Tours, they used Body Wars in EPCOT to begin developing the Star Tours changes. If all they really did was change the vido, I don't understand why it took so long (especially when they started the change before they shut down Star Tours).

As for the Enchanted Tiki Room, most guests do not realize that it is even there. It is in a very odd location and it is normally overshadowed by flying carpets, the Jungle Cruise, and Pirates of the Carribean. Whenever I actually see the show, the building is normally quite empty.

StitchMad 01-02-2012 11:38 PM

Oh indeed. We've been to the Star Wars Weekends in May before and it's just heaving with fans! How strange that the refurb took so long if it was being developed in Body Wars first though...

The Tiki Room is usually quite empty for us too and I do suppose the Flying Carpets are taking up everyone's attention.

Miketic 01-03-2012 06:24 AM

Yea, there's about 54 different variations of the ride, it's really cool. Also due to the fact that there's that many different ways that the ride can go, they have reprogram the system to go through all of them.

Also, what I think is the reason many people don't go on the Tiki Tiki Room is that many tourist that visit, especially with today's generation is looking for the thrill rides. Yes, there will be the disney fanatics, like me, who would go watch the show but if you look around Adventureland, there has to be that one attraction to accommodate the really young kids and older adults who would rather watch a show.

LightningBrutus 01-04-2012 04:55 AM

I remember when I went to disneyworld I couldn't find the tiki room :Question:

Stitchco 01-09-2012 05:36 AM

First off believe it or not the Tiki Room was never meant to be a part of this Magic Kingdom. I could go into the full blown thing of how Magic Kingdom and EPCOT were suppose to be but then I'd have to make a new thread about it, so maybe if some people (2-4) PM me asking me to do so I might :Wink: . Believe it or not, since the Tiki Room reopened as its original form, it has been getting mostly packed shows. Even during the off season days it strangely has been, which I find quite odd.

Also thought you all might like to know that originally they had also planned for Star Tour travelers to also travel to Bespin. Maybe they never could think up a way for it to work or maybe we might be going to more places in the future :Wink: .

bluedudeman 01-14-2012 07:14 AM

I've been on it about five times now, each time has been a little different. I think it is so much better than the original :)