VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   In-Park Quests (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Breaking News! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128998)

Noelle 09-30-2007 01:40 PM

Breaking News!

The VMK quest cards are gone!!!! Greenhpper is at VMK Central in the Magic Kingdom and has reported that they are out of cards. They ran out of the Mickey TV cards yesterday afternoon and we allowing people to substitute another card for it. They ran out of the rest of the cards last night.

Wait, more information just in. The cards have been restocked but there is no space magic.

Jezzi 09-30-2007 02:28 PM

I am not surprised, today is the last day after all. I suppose they are handing them out in handfuls, just to get rid of them?

Noelle 09-30-2007 02:31 PM

I was there yesterday morning and they were not giving out any extras.

Orangemarker 09-30-2007 02:47 PM

I'm not surprised, today is the last day for VMK Central.

Although I never went there, I'll miss it :(

PrincessAnnO 09-30-2007 03:09 PM

Keep me updated. I really don't have the time to go this afternoon but was going to...I've got green's number, guess I'll give her a call before I leave.

iWhippedCream 09-30-2007 03:10 PM

So if Magic Kingdom is stopping VMK Central...does that mean VMK Central is coming to Disneyland?

alorindanya 09-30-2007 04:44 PM

Thank you so much for letting me know this! It saves me the time to run over there, I'll just stay home today.

Penguinz 09-30-2007 05:38 PM

It's very sad how this has happened. I thought VMK Central was busy, maybe VMK is going to slowly not do cards anymore... slowly.

strikemaster 09-30-2007 05:56 PM

Well, I loved that place. I would go but I don't want to for two reasons: 1 I don't have money for a ticket and 2 I'm banned for life so it would be pointless lol

Jacques 10-01-2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jezi (Post 1778426)
So if Magic Kingdom is stopping VMK Central...does that mean VMK Central is coming to Disneyland?

No, sadly. The VMK presence in both parks is now severely limited. You can still find a few items (Pirate Pin sets / Nemo Sub Middles / Magic Mirrors), but the redeem-for-prizes quests are all finished.

There are still computers to log in with at Disneyland's Innoventions, and word is that the WDW computers are moving to the Arcade near Space Mountain. But nobody knows if these are permanent.

greenhpper 10-01-2007 03:31 PM

OK dokie all, here's what we saw happen while there this weekend. Saturday am saw the first and biggest wave of ppl. When we went to check at that time they said they were "out" of salad spinners and TVs (not true lol). At closing on Saturday, everything was gone. We had hoped for a restock on Sunday so maybe closing ppl would get a thank you present. :rolleyes:
Sunday am, we roll in about 9:15 and no cards. We hang out for a bit talking to other ppl from other boards when a cast member pops in with an armful of various cards. Again, they had only some of the current cards. They found a small stack of TVs and salad spinners but no space magic. Over the course of the day we checked in and found the supply would wax and wane. Apparently there was a "person" there trying to redeem approximately 50 tickets (:mad:) and at one point was overheard comenting on the number of cards received that day. Sigh
All in all, was a bitterweet ending to a two year tradition. Guess that leaves only DLR with cards (mirror and press). :Tongue:
BTW, there was absolutely no indication by any staff that the computers were going to Tomorrowland. Today the shop is scheduled to be open and the computers perhaps but the VMK kiosk is shut down. :)

:38:RIP VMK central. :(:38: