VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   WAY Off Topic (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   The Magic of VMKForums! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156435)

acefredfred 12-13-2009 09:15 AM

The Magic of VMKForums!

Do you feel the magic? It's everywhere on VMKF! Nice people, great staff, and muturity magic.

MATURITY Magic.

This site helped me Mature.. Go to my very first post and look at them.. Then go to some post from 2008 to now.. During that time I matured. Your probably saying, "You just got older.. This site didn't help you mature." I think it did. Everyone on here has taught me something varying from basic Gimp skills to grammar.

I want to thank everyone for what this site has dome and I want to be able to stay for as long as I can.

I think October 2010 will be the 5th year I've been here.

Thanks VMKF'ers!

- ace

MLKnCookies 12-13-2009 03:58 PM

I know what you mean. I hate looking through my old posts because some posts seem childish and embarrassing. :Tongue:

Mizz.V 12-13-2009 04:02 PM

its true. i feel like the time i was here, i sorta learned some street smarts, and it helped me become like who i am presently,

BuzzBoy133 12-13-2009 04:29 PM

Yeah.
And the great thing about this is that you can see what you did wrong in the past and work to fix it.
Plus, you can learn how to interact with all sorts of different people.

SoccerRyan 12-14-2009 05:49 AM

Agreed! VMKF has had quite an effect on my life. I've learned how to form an opinion and defend it, how to Prnt Scrn (yes, I never knew how to do that before I came here), how to debate opinions, how to make sigs, how to use BB code, and just how to communicate via computers in general (a skill that will definitely help me in the "real world").

I can't express enough how posting on this site has helped me in English class! When I go to write in English class, it's just like I'm posting here (well, except it's for a grade). Posting on VMKF has been great writing practice, and of course, a lot of fun!

So, do I feel the magic? Maybe not to the extent of previous times, but I always detect a hint of it between threads and posts. Long live VMKF! :)

acefredfred 12-14-2009 06:17 AM

Thank you guys for reading and agreeing!

VMKForums has magic!

- ace

EmmaatMk 12-14-2009 10:26 PM

I totally agree with you acefredfred. When I look at some of my older posts, I'm like "Wow." :) VMKF is the best!

~EmmaatMK

StitchMayhem 12-15-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLKnCookies (Post 2181553)
I know what you mean. I hate looking through my old posts because some posts seem childish and embarrassing. :Tongue:

Same here.

Vivi 12-15-2009 02:23 AM

I totally agree. At first, my posts consisted of:
OMGZZ YEAHH! :D :D :D
Yeah. Also, my writing as improved immensly. When I came, my stories weren't that good, and had a lot of 'and then's' and 'saids'. I was so proud of myself when I noticed the difference.
LONG LIVE VMKF! :D
...okay, maybe that smilie isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Pisces 12-15-2009 03:20 AM

^^ VMKF is definitely magical. I don't believe it really improved my grammar (Brushes off shoulders, brags about prior grammar skizzles), but it's definitely helped me become more... Outgoing a bit - Get used to having random people see what I have to say, even in real life I began to open up more after I started opening up here >.>
Yeah, I definitely do NOT want to look at my older posts. Yeah, no. I've looked at them once or twice and I'm just like... >.<
Oh and I agree SoccerRyan, my mastery of BBCode was nonexistant before VMKF, and now I know how to do tons of stuff with it! But I'm way too lazy to >.>...
Another excellent point from SoccerRyan, I should have quoted... But... Nahhhhh ;D. I've improved my stance-defending abilities. Woot woot in one of my classes last year we had a debate and I won! I never would've if it hadn't been for such an opinionated VMKF - Especially after 4/07/08 or 5/21/08. I can't really decide which day I found worse, but... yeah...
And I'll also say: Not too long ago, my essay-writing was HORRIBLE! VMKF has helped me understand my own thoughts (trust me, it's hard even for me most of the time) and I've brought down my average time from about 2-3 hours to about 20 minutes! Well, I'll say school helped a LITTLE, but not much, really...
Yes, VMKF is magical.
Huzzah GIMP! I would never have even KNOWN about it without VMKF. Well, one of my friends mentioned it the other day, but I still probably wouldn't have used it...
Oh, and acefredfred, you said everyone here taught you something. Now I'm paranoid that I taught you something NOT to do! O.O Oh dear the fear of others learning from my mistakes!

acefredfred 12-15-2009 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 2181589)
Now I'm paranoid that I taught you something NOT to do! O.O Oh dear the fear of others learning from my mistakes!

Which was?

- ace

bluedudeman 12-17-2009 12:12 AM

I totally agree.

October 2010 will be the 5th year for me too :)

GoodPolarGirl 12-17-2009 12:58 AM

Same here!! This site has grown and matured with a lot of us, and I hope it continues to.