VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Films (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Toy Story 3 (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156674)

EtnaGreen 06-21-2010 06:37 PM

Toy Story 3

After making several attempts, arguing with Pixar, and shelving a couple versions of Toy Story 3 against all odds Disney made this much anticipated film. In just one weekend Toy Story 3 made $109 million in the US alone. Toy Story 3 became the third animated film to top $100 million in the first weekend. It was the best debut for a film from Disney's Pixar Animation, topping "The Incredibles" at $70.5 million. Toy Story 3 took in $8.4 million in 3-D showings at huge-screen IMAX theaters, which beat the IMAX record for an animated film previously held by "Monsters vs. Aliens" with $5.1 million.

I was worried that Toy Story 3 wouldn't live up to my expectations, but it definitely exceeded my expectations. It is not only my favorite Toy Story, but also my favorite Pixar film. In Toy Story 3, they eliminated a plethora of good characters, but they replaced them with even better characters. When Pixar first started out with Disney, their stories didn't have much depth to them, but with Up and Toy Story 3 you can start to see that they are trying to make the stories better. They are trying to make the stories more relatable and emotional in a way. As much as I want another Toy Story, I am glad this is going to be the last one (as long as John Lasseter has something to say about it). If they continue to make Toy Stories, it will become tiresome (Shrek for example). Pixar made an amazing ending and I would hate to see them ruin it with another movie. Although, to make up for this Disney/Pixar is making Toy Story animated shorts, similar to "Mater's Tall Tales" currently on Disney Channel. So what are your thoughts on Toy Story 3?

awsomered 06-21-2010 07:05 PM

I got to see Toy Story 3 on Friday, it was great I came back to visit the forums to write about it.
It was without a doubt one of the Disney movies. The story went a lot deeper than any of the Toy Story movies and Pixar movies. When watching some of the scenes from the movie I forgot that these are toys up on the screen. Some parts were very suspenseful and sad as well.
After seeing some parts from the first two Toy Stories I noticed how much Pixars animation quality has improved. Which I didn't notice during the actual movie because there was so much more going on with the story. I heard that the movie is much better in 3D and I saw it in normal 2D.
I think TV shorts with some of the new characters would be very cool to see. I've heard rumors that the Cars 2 short in the beginning will be a Toy Story short but I don't know how true that is. I also plan to see the movie again in 3D, but overall the movie was great ecspecially since it's not a 2nd movie but a 3rd as well as the fact it was 11 years since the last movie came out.

Chululli 06-21-2010 07:42 PM

I'm so excited to see it!

PurpleAmy 06-21-2010 09:39 PM

I saw Toy Story 3 the other day, and it was great! Honestly, I cried a few times. I thought it was pretty emotional, and it seemed to me that you never really knew what was going to happen. It amazes me how pixar thinks of all of these things, whoever wrote the script for Toy Story 3 in my opinion is a genius! I love the movie, it was great, one of the best movies of this year in my opinion. I saw it in 3D and it was really super-clear.
Overall, it was a great movie! I loved it a lot and plan on going to see it a few times more!

EtnaGreen 06-22-2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awsomered (Post 2185607)
I got to see Toy Story 3 on Friday, it was great I came back to visit the forums to write about it.
It was without a doubt one of the Disney movies. The story went a lot deeper than any of the Toy Story movies and Pixar movies. When watching some of the scenes from the movie I forgot that these are toys up on the screen. Some parts were very suspenseful and sad as well.
After seeing some parts from the first two Toy Stories I noticed how much Pixars animation quality has improved. Which I didn't notice during the actual movie because there was so much more going on with the story. I heard that the movie is much better in 3D and I saw it in normal 2D.
I think TV shorts with some of the new characters would be very cool to see. I've heard rumors that the Cars 2 short in the beginning will be a Toy Story short but I don't know how true that is. I also plan to see the movie again in 3D, but overall the movie was great ecspecially since it's not a 2nd movie but a 3rd as well as the fact it was 11 years since the last movie came out.

I saw it in 3D, and to be honest it was the weakest 3D movie that I have seen. It wasn't worth paying the extra money to see it in 3D. Although, if you are looking for an excuse to see it again, I am all for seeing it in 3D. I am trying to think of an excuse myself to see it again.

I agree, normally Disney isn't very good with sequels. Usually the sequels are okay, but don't compare to the original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleAmy (Post 2185609)
I saw Toy Story 3 the other day, and it was great! Honestly, I cried a few times. I thought it was pretty emotional, and it seemed to me that you never really knew what was going to happen. It amazes me how Pixar thinks of all of these things, whoever wrote the script for Toy Story 3 in my opinion is a genius! I love the movie; it was great, one of the best movies of this year in my opinion. I saw it in 3D and it was really super-clear.
Overall, it was a great movie! I loved it a lot and plan on going to see it a few times more!

I cried also. The movie was more sentimental then anything really. It was my brother's favorite movie as a child and I've dealt with him "leaving the nest" as well.

BuzzBoy133 06-22-2010 05:26 AM

I saw it opening night.
It was awesome.
I liked all the plot twists xD
I cried at the end too.
Not like a baby, but there were tears xDD

GoodPolarGirl 06-22-2010 02:41 PM

I want to see it soo badly!

GryfindorGal 06-22-2010 08:32 PM

No surprise here; another Pixar film is absolutely amazing.

I saw it without the 3D, after seeing Alice in Wonderland and not really enjoying it (not only due to the plot but really the 3D just annoyed me). Every Toy Story film is perfect, and this one was no exception. It left me smiling when I came out of the theater. (:

SoccerRyan 06-23-2010 10:29 AM

I just saw it today in IMAX 3D with family and it was incredible! There were many unexpected plot twists and tons of funny parts! I was laughing through the entire movie! "I know about his Spanish mode." "My what?" LOL.

And plus it was quite emotional which is always a great blend with comedy. Pixar never ceases to amaze me. If you haven't seen it, you must!!

Oh, and I loved that "Day and Night" opening clip! :D

xoop 06-24-2010 03:16 PM

Saw it opening day--I LOVE IT!! :D

GoodPolarGirl 06-24-2010 06:54 PM

Mom says that hopefully we can see it on Saturday.

Off topic: Love your signature, EtnaGreen!

IceManFan 06-24-2010 10:04 PM

Amazing movie! :)

simplicity 06-24-2010 10:59 PM

I thought it was a great movie, but for the younger audience- (the children under like, 7) I felt it was too much, you know? My little brother wasn't very excited about the movie; I loved it though. It was hilarious and very emotional.

EtnaGreen 06-25-2010 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplicity (Post 2185633)
I thought it was a great movie, but for the younger audience- (the children under like, 7) I felt it was too much, you know? My little brother wasn't very excited about the movie; I loved it though. It was hilarious and very emotional.

For once, I don't think Pixar was aiming towards the younger demographic. The first Toy Story came out in 1995 and the second one came out in 1999. I am sure most children had no idea what Toy Story was. I noticed that more teens and adults were really the ones who wanted to see Toy Story 3.Despite this fact, surprisingly Toy Story 3 did quite well.

Off topic: Thank you, GoodPolarGirl :)

Vivi 06-26-2010 05:04 PM

I thought the movie was amazing- Pixar did a fantastic job~ I especially loved the soundtrack...mm.