VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project: SAVE VMK! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Saving VMK, one last time. (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157015)

Gracie624 01-24-2012 03:03 AM

Saving VMK, one last time.

Countless efforts have been made to save VMK, the other day I was thinking about VMK, and thought about the fond memories i've had. I thought we should all reunite one last time to try and save VMK. I highly doubt I will have many supporters, most have given up. With another fansite closing, I decided to come here to VMKF. I assume some of the other VMKers may flock to VMKF, and become more active. I have sent letters to all the active emails who may know anything about VMK, and I am currently writing letters, and I plan to send them to Disney. I don't know if anyone will help me, but I believe we should plan a date to really slap Disney in the face, and say "WE WANT VMK BACK!" Anything you can do would help, a simple call could make one difference. Please no flaming saying "It's not coming back we've given up" That was my exact attitude, but something just flickered on, in my heart saying there was still hope.

phillitup 01-24-2012 03:27 AM

Sorry, I tried to get vmk back. It failed. If we email disney, they will just send the same email they always do.

PirateInferno 01-24-2012 08:20 AM

Well, it's worth a shot.

MrBrandon 01-24-2012 08:40 PM

Anything is worth a shot. Maybe after not hearing from us in a while, if they do, they'll be surprised..

Gracie624 01-25-2012 02:13 AM

Not to sound rude, phillitup, but I did not say that we would only be using emails as a power. I, with my own money have hand written and adressed 500 letters, yes 500 letters, that is not a typo. I plan to send them to disney. Keep in mind I have had to pay for the stamps. I am very dedicated to this. I hope to have VMKers around the world send letters, call Disney, and send emails. I hope to plan a certain date for all of this to happen. I will send the letters 5 days early, so they will get in on time for the big revolution. I hope to get people to back me up.

Also, I sent a test email to Disney, to see what they would reply, and I got a letter, not an automated email from a Disney employee, who worked at Club Penguin Fan Mail. Our best shot is to send large ammounts of email's to Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, because employee's are required to read and reply to those for him. It is in our best interest to use different emails when sending letters, like sending it 25 times on one email, than 25 on another, because if you send it 25 times, they aren't going to reply 25 times. But I could be wrong, even 500 from the same email could make a difference.

Gracie624 01-26-2012 03:46 AM

Does anyone have any idea on a specific date?

EtnaGreen 01-26-2012 04:27 AM

I admire your ambition and drive. It's people like you that give me a glimmer of hope. I've given up on this quest, but I wish you the best of luck.

Gracie624 01-26-2012 06:02 AM

Thank you EtnaGreen, I am seeing most have given up, and aren't willing to try, so it seems I may have to do this on my own, which I hope not to, but if worst comes to worst..

Gracie624 01-29-2012 01:50 AM

If you are willing to be apart of my plan please PM me and comment on this post. Thanks.

garfieldboy 02-20-2012 06:18 AM

I'm in! What your plan on getting our kingdom back?

bluesamg 02-21-2012 02:24 AM

I forgot my password and i just remembered it so that i can reply to this. Yes, i miss vmk. It was fun, but we need LOTS of people, and instead of writing to bring VMK back, why not tell disney to say thank you to everyone so that they can consider opening it again?

kelly.o 07-20-2012 03:57 AM

I know this is kind of old. but im in :) ive been wanting to bring vmk back for years but everyone has given up. Disney might think we are silly for wanting a virtual game back but they dont know how much that game actually means to us. Years have gone by and some of us are still willing to help bring it back.