VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   VMK's Fan Forum (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   sad memories (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156900)

Blossomflower 06-11-2011 06:31 AM

sad memories

So uhhhh i decided to shift through all the old threads, my friends list, etc...

I miss how tight VMKF was--okay it still is TIGHT, but there's like, hardly anyone anymore. back then there was this huge family. everyone knew each other and..... yeah, it was just... just great. i had lots of fun memories on this site, really.

what were some great memories you've had of VMKF during its "glory days"? by glory days, i mean when it was ... more active than THIS. LOL

can you think of particular users that really made an impact on you? was significant? some funny memory associated with em?

i remember the days when cutetabitha--er, fabtab, was like the queen of pink.. and rpgs. fabmariah too. hmm, diamondmeme and her blends. VMKIllidan and his save vmk campaigns. there were also the "purples" .... whose exact names i can't remember anymore...

and then the people who always ask me for signatures, like vivi and cutedeeblue... and themagicwithin has still kept the same sig i made like 2-3 years ago. means a lot to me, man

O_o WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER ABOUT VMKF?

LightningBrutus 06-11-2011 03:16 PM

-cough-your story you never finished -cough- LOL

MLKnCookies 06-11-2011 03:56 PM

MLKnCookies was such a big part of VMKF, I'm glad she is still around. :D

But yeah, I know what you mean. I miss the trading, rant, game rooms, quest rooms, VMK news, and staff rooms threads. I feel that those topics were what really made VMKF active because it contained those components. And game rooms and quest rooms had so much creativity which allowed so many people to be inspired and post.

Baconbits 06-11-2011 06:16 PM

i miss the trading aspect of it all. i miss seeing what others had and were willing to exchange. to me, it was so fun. but i still like this, although i hardly post. i enjoy reading the threads now as i did back then so imo i dont think much changed (except for the loss of contributers and posts obviously but you know what i mean)

~Bits

Blossomflower 06-12-2011 09:37 AM

cookies, dude, don't ever leave or i'll be forced to send... prince zuko after you to capture you and send u to the fire lord (idk)
but i agree with ur comments. you're right that its those components that made VMKF active. creativity. OH I MISS THE RANT FORUM SO MUCH LOL

bacon, i've never actually been big into trading (i didn't want to have to figure out what was worth what, and i didnt like to give up my rare) but i did have fun looking through the threads and see what people were offering up. it was entertaining. i do enjoy reading threads too, like i used to, but now the whole "no posts" thing makes it harder to enjoy new threads =/

light, LOL thats kinda why i came back on here. hikoik and i were talking about that stupid story and then i totally remembered everything and everyone, and how so many people on this site were obsessed with it (tbh i dont see why. i can't stand its sheer cheesiness) LOL i'd actually continue it again if there were more people on the site... but now it's almost pointless cuz there's very few people on here

lucky33325 06-14-2011 03:55 AM

oh gosh monkey man
That whole story was based on a story I made in preschool... it was bad. LOL
Oh yeah, and continue the story. Awesome story was awesome. OH I also miss... uh... forgot who made the story but I think it was called The Adventures of Chuck and Buck. It was awesome also.
OH I miss the activity threads where you'd only have to wait like two minutes and a new post would be on there. But to be totally honest, theres been a lot more activity in the past month. Theres about 100 guests a day (probably people who don't bother to log on) and about 18 members a day. Thats pretty good compared to the last few months.

Blossomflower 06-14-2011 10:07 PM

AH! .:Blue:. formerly known as CuteDeeBlue made the adventures of chuck and buck. yes it was pretty awesome. i really liked that story but she's gone now too D:

and well maybe cuz its summer :D i wonder why they don't log in though

FabTab 06-23-2011 10:15 AM

yess!

Oh my goshh(: soo long ago haha. ♥

GoodPolarGirl 06-23-2011 07:51 PM

I remember that at 06-11-2011, 02:31 AM, Blossomflower never addressed GoodPolarGirl in her thread. :p

bluedudeman 06-24-2011 01:38 AM

I remember this too. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl (Post 2188346)
I remember that at 06-11-2011, 02:31 AM, Blossomflower never addressed bluedudeman in her thread. :p

GoodPolarGirl 06-24-2011 04:14 AM

Well, BlossomFlower, I remember how I ordered a userbar from your shop for, like, Thanksgiving, and then after Christmas you logged on and were like, "I assume you don't want it anymore?"

Haha, good times.

acefredfred 06-24-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningBrutus (Post 2188269)
-cough-your story you never finished -cough- LOL

This.

But yeah. I remember just hanging out with friends talking for hours and hours.

lucky33325 06-26-2011 02:51 AM

Hikoik still has the same signature, even tho he doesn't go on anymore. I also don't recall ever having a signature that wasn't made by Flower of Blue. I miss all my spelling mistakes and how people would correct me all the time (big example: Monkey Man stories). OH and the chat. The chat was AWESOME. Good (and awkward) times that VMKF had in there. Its deserted now, but whatevs. And whats with all the guests nowadays? Theres always so many guests on but so little members on.

bluedudeman 06-26-2011 08:55 PM

I want to talk on the chat again. But it's hard to be online at the same time as others.

Blossomflower 07-12-2011 06:34 AM

LOL GPG and bluedudeman. sorry :3 but i remember y'all LOL i remember that happy thanksgiving thing. awkwarddd hehehe sorry about that... LOL

shark, i agree. i don't get why there's so many guests but they dont log in o_O

acefredfred, LOL i can't believe you still remember that story rofl

SassaFrazz 07-30-2011 05:41 AM

FLOWERYUNOFINISHSTORY?

Also about the guest thing I couldn't be bothered for a while to even try to guess what my password was or send a request form... XD FORGIVE ME?

Hahaha, I remember I tried so hard to write some story but ended up giving up completely and focused on watching for the next chapter of yours flower.

Blossomflower 08-12-2011 09:35 PM

oh YEAHH your story had me and candy and junk in it too right? hey you should continue that. i would continue mine honestly (i had the urge to) but like..

1. nobody would read it
2. school's starting again
3. im not quite sure where i wanted the story to go cuz i forgot LOL

write me a friend-circle fanfic ;D

CoolStormyStar 10-09-2011 07:51 PM

all i know is that me & the purples talk about you guys too often.<3
wow, i can't believe i'm online...
holy molly.
well, love you guys<3

PurpleCrazyLava 10-09-2011 08:03 PM

Man, I've had some great times here. So many laughs and so much RPG dramas! Man I loved it, and I still do. I remember I used to daydream about randomly running into one of you guys in Disneyland, and thinking "OMG!!! It's me, PurpleCrazyLava!" haha :) those days are over, however. Makes me sad. :( my best friend I've met on here is a tough one. I remember sitting in town square on main street I believe talking to briarrose about losing my shoe in PE so I didn't have to run:) cracked me up back then and still does! Man, I've missed you guys.

StitchMad 10-10-2011 11:13 PM

Threads like this never fail to make me smile. :)

Blossomflower 10-16-2011 10:00 PM

dude omg hi purplecrazylava! you're hereeee :D i totally know what you mean about daydreaming about stuff like that..... good times, good times. all of this meant more than anyone else could ever understand rofl

STITCHMAD hi. where have u been D:

Blossomflower 12-28-2011 11:23 PM

i'm just gonna BUMP this because i enjoy this thread so much... LOL

bluedudeman 12-31-2011 06:57 AM

I think that VMKF is as tight as it could get right now. At least I'm very happy with it.

I was here in the way beginning, then took a huge break when everyone was so crazy active and I missed out on all that, and I came back almost a year after VMK closed. Now I love the forums and I've made amazing friends. Having the forums be more quiet than they originally were has allowed me to grow close to individuals not just see a bunch of people I don't even know post. That's how it felt when I came back from my huge break, I didn't know anybody and I used to have so many friends on here, but then the break, everyone I knew left and I had to assimilate into a new group. Now I love it, and while I encourage growth for this forum I'm very happy with my position in it as is.

ivanbyte9 12-31-2011 08:21 AM

The sears incident. Lol Someone made a thread about how funny it was to say nonsensical and funny things to the chat members on the sears website, and it encouraged everyone to go mess with them. Then sears started saying they were going to do something about it and everyone went wild! Lol good times...

Blossomflower 02-17-2012 11:43 AM

i really like your point, blue. that's pretty cool.

oh dear, i was not around for the sears incident, ivan... when was that? LOL

Friez 06-21-2012 05:49 AM

I miss being scared to join this site.
lol seriously.
Because I was part of a REALLY small forum before I joined here, but when it unfortunately got hacked, I decided to join the squad over here. I was scared out of my mind because this place was always so busy and on here were like the legit, super-awesome VMKers and then there was noobie me so... yeah haha.
I'd have to say though, one of the greatest things that I miss was probably RPGs. I was a part of some really great ones and I remember when we could have pictures and everything and how people got so offended when they changed the rules. Good times man... but I loved being able to partake in so many different stories. That was really great. I do really miss the closeness of this site. I remember how there were always certain groups or cliques a while ago but then they all quit. So sad. :c

Blossomflower 07-15-2012 11:18 PM

oh my gosh! i miss the RPGs. seriously... and yeah i remember the cliques, too. i sorta miss the cliques. :D i never really was a part of any of them, but i just liked seeing everyone interact.

EtnaGreen 07-17-2012 02:14 AM

I don't know how I missed this thread before, but here I go anyway.

I mostly remember spending most of my time in the Rants or Off Topic sections of vmkf. Most of the time I was causing or fueling fights. Yeah, I'm kind of glad that that phase is over with.

I guess I don't really miss the conversations as much as I miss the people.

Akovia enjoyed talking about her favorite band (I can't say the name unless I dictionary dance...), and she always stood up for them. I think it was spectacular that she stood up for them despite most people didn't agree with her.

There were the people who always took part in the various vmkf conversations. For example: awesomered, Brave_Bloom_Kiari, BuzzBoy133, Elephant Ethan, GryfindorGal, Hikoik, Kitri, Kyris, Matterz, MzDiamondBubbles, Sephiroth, SoccerRyan, Thriller, Vivi, Tyrannosaurus, SVU-Sam, etc (Sorry if I missed anyone).

There were also the celebrities of the vmkf. The celebrities consisted of the mods (Batleth, Jezzi) and the Legends. Neoteny was known for having the most posts on vmkf (20,910 posts in total). If you were friends with Neoteny you made it at vmkf. Stitchmad also was quite popular. Stichmad was famous across vmk for his stitch hat(or did he have multiple stitch hats? I can't remember) and his signature red flips. He was also respected and famous on vmkf.

Then there were the cliques. You had the Pinks (FabMariah and FabTab, Pinkglitter) and the Purples (PurpleAmy, PurpleCrazyLava, Purplemysterystar). It was nice to have a little bit of sparkle around vmkf whether it was pink or purple.

Then there were those who joined the conversations after vmkf closed its gates the final time (Bluedudeman, Stitcho). They made a difference and made vmkf what it is today as well.

As members come and go they have made an impact on vmkf and me as well.

kelly.o 07-20-2012 04:01 AM

I miss how vmkf used to be. I stopped getting on cuz alot of my friends were banned or they stopped getting on too. I miss how this place used to be packed and everyone would post, now it just seems kinda dead ._.

dabaseballking 07-27-2012 06:55 AM

i miss logging on every 6 months and getting a pm from someone that wants to catch up, and the pm's like a year old. i replied to all of them, but none back so far >.>

MrBrandon 08-14-2012 03:41 AM

I wish I was a part of VMKF in the glory days more than I was.. I keep hoping they'll come back but alas..

MsBored 08-19-2012 08:11 PM

I remember writing tons of short stories which I now realize are terrible omg. no seriously i wrote so many it's not even funny. and trudy (shartruse's) rock shop that was so cute!! but I spent most of my time in the chat and yeah i made great friends but we don't keep in touch anymore really but i miss them!! i love coming back here and reading old threads and posts though they're so embarassing lol ahh memories

Blossomflower 11-12-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabaseballking (Post 2190082)
i miss logging on every 6 months and getting a pm from someone that wants to catch up, and the pm's like a year old. i replied to all of them, but none back so far >.>

PFFF i've been trying to get ahold of you! and you don't reply to my PMs :(

HollyZooks 11-21-2012 07:44 PM

i wish vmkf could like flourish into all the activity it used to have :)