VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project: SAVE VMK! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Would You pay To Play VMK? (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145572)

toontown 4 ever 06-09-2008 09:44 PM

not really

FabTab 06-09-2008 10:04 PM

MeiMei 06-12-2008 12:29 AM

I would definitely pay to play VMK

I have a question. A lot of people are saying: "No, VMK is boring, or "No, VMK is a waste." My question is, if you think VMK is boring and a waste, why are you on the VMK Fan Forums?

monniedisny 06-12-2008 02:53 AM

I would pay to play VMK. I won't pay to play all those other online games they are trying to stuff down our throats instead of getting VMK back.

Matterz 06-12-2008 04:45 AM

I'd definitely pay to play.
Unlike other disney games, VMK is actually worth the time and money. It's fun and very addicting. Club penguin and Pirates Online, I wouldn't pay for.

Zimonada 06-12-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeiMei (Post 2036521)
I would definitely pay to play VMK

I have a question. A lot of people are saying: "No, VMK is boring, or "No, VMK is a waste." My question is, if you think VMK is boring and a waste, why are you on the VMK Fan Forums?

In my opinion, I wouldn't want to play if I had to pay for it. Why? Because:

- We would lose a good portion of the VMK community, and as much as I would miss all the guests running around asking for free things, it just wouldn't be the same.
- I feel that all our efforts to get VMK back would be in vain if they're making us pay to play it. If the real reason it closed was because of monetary issues, that means they're only opening it up again to make a profit, not because they care about what we wanted.
- What if something happened like your friend couldn't pay for the next month (for whatever reason). Then you probably wouldn't see them again, or at least not for a while.

So overall, I just think the general "atmosphere" of VMK would be way different than before we started. IMHO, making something "Pay to Play" is basically like saying "You 40% of the community aren't allowed to play because you won't give us money". And by that point I'd just feel bad for all the people who worked so hard to get VMK back, but wouldn't be able to play after all that.

MeiMei 06-12-2008 07:52 PM

You have some good points Zimonada. VMK's atmosphere wouldn't be the same if it became pay to play. I would still pay though...

-MeiMei

Alisonracer 06-17-2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poohdent (Post 1981788)
Originally Posted by slinkyman
I would certainly pay to play VMK. I think this game is more fun then ToonToown, POTCO, Club Penguin, or any other online game.
Originally Posted by LuckyJazz
I agree with you 100% of the way! I would pay to play to save VMK from closing!

Agree with you both were else can you bring home a real disney park. Not just movies or parts of Disney.
I would pay for sure.

I agree with all three of you paying for vmk wouldnt matter to me at all i would totally pay my mom would say "yes i will pay for vmk"
:wave2::mickey::balloon:

rapby60 06-27-2008 02:08 AM

i would say no..its not worth the money
their are plenty of more games that
are free to play

Akovia 06-29-2008 10:51 PM

I would say- yes. I was really clinged to this game and they took it away. Now I Lost basically all of my friends.

lemonysnicket3 06-29-2008 11:41 PM

Do it like Maplestory. Pay for special items that can be bought in the cash shop. (Although the community that plays VMK is much different than those who play Maplestory. More people would complain about VMK "Relying more on Cash shop people!"

Although they didn't complain about people who had quest items, so I guess it might be ok. ^_^.

Just my input.

awsomered 06-30-2008 02:46 AM

I probably would. How much do the want you to pay a month for the Disney Online Games

kingkris 06-30-2008 03:01 AM

Yea, I would but I'd hope they'd spend the money wisely on upgrades.

:)

lemonysnicket3 06-30-2008 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkris (Post 2051413)
Yea, I would but I'd hope they'd spend the money wisely on upgrades.

:)

Lulz we bought churros with the muny you gave us! :D :D :D!

Plutofan 07-02-2008 12:30 AM

I wouldn't. it's just plain stupid to have payments for a game. it's like this. " oh this is such a cool game!!!" you play it for a few months, then a bill comes and it says, you need to pay to continue the game. just pay once is ok, but not continusly! it's just stupid!!!