VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project: SAVE VMK! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   A Response from WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group) (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145805)

dreamytime 04-10-2008 10:09 PM

A Response from WDIG (Walt Disney Internet Group)

> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:58:37 -0700
> To: *********@hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: WDIG Guest Mail
> From: [email protected]
>
> Thank you for contacting The Walt Disney Company and VMK.
>
> We have received an outpouring of feedback regarding our decision to
> close VMK. We are overwhelmed by the responses and enthusiasm of our
> guests, but unfortunately our decision to eventually close VMK is set.
> We have explored many different options, including a pay to play model
> but have decided to focus more of our time on our new virtual worlds
> coming soon, which we are sure that you will love as much as VMK.
>
> Deciding to close VMK was a very difficult decision for us because we
> loved creating VMK just as much as you loved playing it. But in a
> company that encourages innovation and creativity we have decided to
> "keep moving forward" and exploring where the future takes as, because
> in the words of Walt Disney, "We keep moving forward, opening new doors,
> and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading
> us down new paths."
>
> Thank you for being part of this journey with us, and we hope we
> continue to see you at Disney.com enjoying what we imagine next!
>
> Sincerely,
>
>
> Your friends at VMK

Nickpf 04-10-2008 10:10 PM

Alright, I guess it's over.

What the heck am I saying! Keep Fighting!

acefredfred 04-10-2008 10:15 PM

Contact the news! Rumble the newspapers! Do anything to keep our favorite game. Boycott going to Disney parks and boycott Disney movies! Anything to give them bad publicity! Keep up the good work everyone.
- acefredfred

wdmountie 04-10-2008 10:16 PM

Just because they sent a response that it not what you want to hear, don't give up. Keep up the letters. They are just hoping we will give up and move on to one of their other games. Tell them what you think of the other games and how much more you like VMK. You all have been doing so well. This is just one step. Time for the next step and keep reinforcing to Disney that you do not accept their reply. Good work people!

Cmkrebs 04-10-2008 10:18 PM

keep moving forward with vmk by adding new games and such! not get rid of it!

Wondermanforever 04-10-2008 10:19 PM

They still arent too clear as to why its closing.
If they give a REASONABLE reason as to why they are closing, i wouldnt be as furiated as i am now.

If its just for monetary purposes, then thats wrong.
They made over $700million last year from just internet games. Im sure keeping vmk wouldnt be that big of a deal.

EtnaGreen 04-10-2008 10:22 PM

If they are so overwhelmed by how many responese they had, why don't they keep it open? Seriously I hate all the lame excuses they give us..

sonic99979 04-10-2008 10:24 PM

That stinks... We want VMK not more games!!!

Zimonada 04-10-2008 10:27 PM

Really at this point, sending letters won't do any harm. The biggest fear by trying to save something is losing it; but we're already going to (as of now). So keep sending letters; it can only get better.

Best of luck,
- Zimonada

Misskayla 04-10-2008 10:27 PM

Disney and their 'moving forward'ness. VMK is just fine to me. There is no game they make that can compare, period!

Noelle 04-10-2008 10:31 PM

Not very encouraging news. They are missing the whole point. Sure they might develop a great new online game but without our friends it will never be good enough. :(

iLoveTheRain 04-10-2008 10:35 PM

You know, Meet the Robinsons was an extreemly unique and heart-felt film, and I'm really getting tired of them running it's theme into the ground simply because they were suddenly made aware of this convinient 'motto' that Walt once said, and now use it for eeeeeveeeeery thing. http://www.ilovetherain.com/Emote/DonaldWait.gif

They've decided, and they aren't going to change their minds. That's how they work. We just have to accept it, from their point of view, but I highly doubt that their next projects will get as equal and possitive a reaction as they are thinking that it will, because now we've learned what putting effort and time into a Disney game gets us: The eventual scrapping and deletion of the game. I won't be playing any of their newer games, as I strive to learn from my past experiences, and I won't be waisting my time a second time around. http://www.ilovetherain.com/VMK/Emote/DeadMe.gif

Shartruse 04-10-2008 10:36 PM

Hmm seems like we'll have to work harder such as contacting every site partially connected to WDIG about vmk. Maybe even contact the head honcho himself, Stephen Wadsworth.