VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Games Archive (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   The Pokemon Discussion Thread (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142875)

SonicBoom 06-26-2008 11:20 PM

Hey, my friends always annoyed me how I kept using Double Team and they wouldnt hit me :P.

Anyone here use those kind of stat boosters and reducers??
Or all out attack and stallers (like attract)?

BuzzBoy133 06-26-2008 11:45 PM

Nope! I don't like using those moves..

SonicBoom 06-26-2008 11:53 PM

lol, I was always stocked with healers so it didnt matter to me.

What do u think Palkiasurfergirl would say when she found out we said Dialga is better than Palkia in our opinions? lol

Oh wait wait, let me try:

"WHAT!? WHAT DID YOU SAY!? HOW CAN YOU SAY AN UGLY LITTLE DIALGA IS BETTER THAN MY CUTE, AWESOME, PALKIA!?!?!?!?!?"

Just a guess :P lol

Why do they call it moves? Sounds worse than attacks lol.

BuzzBoy133 06-26-2008 11:57 PM

Idk, but thats EXACTLY how Pal would act!!

SonicBoom 06-27-2008 12:00 AM

Heh.. Quick! Keep talking until the ninth page so she doesnt suspect anything! lol

BuzzBoy133 06-27-2008 12:03 AM

Yeah, I guess, Are you gonna get a Deoxis this weekend?

SonicBoom 06-27-2008 12:16 AM

Nah, I never bought anything pokemon related other than red rescue team and ruby (unless it was an unlikey gift or prize) and the others just seemed too repetitive.

Even if I did last year when it seemed a little better, I got no DS, not much of an interest even then in much (is it just me or are cartoons getting worse?), and I would probably just beat it in a week lol.

Btw, does that Deoxys change forms when you get it?

TheMagicWithin 06-27-2008 12:16 AM

Hey Buzzy. Is there any news today?

Derejin 06-27-2008 01:29 AM

As an answer to the Deoxys question;
It was absolutely free; all you had to do is go down to the event, then download it via mystery gift. You could also change it's forms to whatever you'd like by visiting Veilstone and inspecting the meteorites in the southeast portion of the town when Deoxys is in your party. Too bad the event is over..(but I got one!)

And I do like Dialga more than Palkia, to the point where I like him the best of all Pokemon, really. Muahaha.

:smiley-gewalt200:

SonicBoom 06-27-2008 01:34 AM

lol I swear I love that little emote.
Reminds me of so much :P lol

QUICK! Lets hope Palkiasurfergirl doesnt see this page :).

Zimonada 06-27-2008 01:36 AM

Darn. If only I was in the States. ;/

I dislike both Dialga and Palkia, along with the other 3rd gen legendaries. I find that they're all too.. "cyber-technical-looking" with those odd "neon" lines all over them. Ho-oh and Lugia remain my favourite "main" legendaries, while Zapdos is my "secondary" legend.

Brer_Nick 06-27-2008 01:38 AM

I lost my copy of Diamond and found it on monday. Missing the event but happy I found it in time for my trip to myrtle beach.

My strategy for battles: Satus effect then head on attacks. Poison or put to sleep and the beat them down. That's my method. Usually start off with a grass type pokemon like Venusaur and then I like to use a water-type. Floatzel is good. Then I finish with my favorite pokemon, Marowak applying that I have it. This is usually never need for I defeat the opponet by Venusaur. In case of emergencys I always have my 100 Duskull

Zimonada 06-27-2008 01:41 AM

Why would you have a Duskull?

And are we talking Diamond/Pearl or Mystery Dungeons?

BuzzBoy133 06-27-2008 01:43 AM

Well, this weekend the event will continue, so you have another chance!

We're talking about ALL of them..

SonicBoom 06-27-2008 01:50 AM

True, they do look too futuristic.
I like Ho-oh best.

Long story short, the game that started and ending me liking pokemon (after 6 years of playing it broke and got me hooked onto more stuff), i got it when I was 4 and well, yeah, when it broke I did different stuff.

Hey, whats the least wanted legendary in your opinion?