VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   VMK's Fan Forum (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   sad memories (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156900)

Blossomflower 06-11-2011 06:31 AM

sad memories

So uhhhh i decided to shift through all the old threads, my friends list, etc...

I miss how tight VMKF was--okay it still is TIGHT, but there's like, hardly anyone anymore. back then there was this huge family. everyone knew each other and..... yeah, it was just... just great. i had lots of fun memories on this site, really.

what were some great memories you've had of VMKF during its "glory days"? by glory days, i mean when it was ... more active than THIS. LOL

can you think of particular users that really made an impact on you? was significant? some funny memory associated with em?

i remember the days when cutetabitha--er, fabtab, was like the queen of pink.. and rpgs. fabmariah too. hmm, diamondmeme and her blends. VMKIllidan and his save vmk campaigns. there were also the "purples" .... whose exact names i can't remember anymore...

and then the people who always ask me for signatures, like vivi and cutedeeblue... and themagicwithin has still kept the same sig i made like 2-3 years ago. means a lot to me, man

O_o WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER ABOUT VMKF?

LightningBrutus 06-11-2011 03:16 PM

-cough-your story you never finished -cough- LOL

MLKnCookies 06-11-2011 03:56 PM

MLKnCookies was such a big part of VMKF, I'm glad she is still around. :D

But yeah, I know what you mean. I miss the trading, rant, game rooms, quest rooms, VMK news, and staff rooms threads. I feel that those topics were what really made VMKF active because it contained those components. And game rooms and quest rooms had so much creativity which allowed so many people to be inspired and post.

Baconbits 06-11-2011 06:16 PM

i miss the trading aspect of it all. i miss seeing what others had and were willing to exchange. to me, it was so fun. but i still like this, although i hardly post. i enjoy reading the threads now as i did back then so imo i dont think much changed (except for the loss of contributers and posts obviously but you know what i mean)

~Bits

Blossomflower 06-12-2011 09:37 AM

cookies, dude, don't ever leave or i'll be forced to send... prince zuko after you to capture you and send u to the fire lord (idk)
but i agree with ur comments. you're right that its those components that made VMKF active. creativity. OH I MISS THE RANT FORUM SO MUCH LOL

bacon, i've never actually been big into trading (i didn't want to have to figure out what was worth what, and i didnt like to give up my rare) but i did have fun looking through the threads and see what people were offering up. it was entertaining. i do enjoy reading threads too, like i used to, but now the whole "no posts" thing makes it harder to enjoy new threads =/

light, LOL thats kinda why i came back on here. hikoik and i were talking about that stupid story and then i totally remembered everything and everyone, and how so many people on this site were obsessed with it (tbh i dont see why. i can't stand its sheer cheesiness) LOL i'd actually continue it again if there were more people on the site... but now it's almost pointless cuz there's very few people on here

lucky33325 06-14-2011 03:55 AM

oh gosh monkey man
That whole story was based on a story I made in preschool... it was bad. LOL
Oh yeah, and continue the story. Awesome story was awesome. OH I also miss... uh... forgot who made the story but I think it was called The Adventures of Chuck and Buck. It was awesome also.
OH I miss the activity threads where you'd only have to wait like two minutes and a new post would be on there. But to be totally honest, theres been a lot more activity in the past month. Theres about 100 guests a day (probably people who don't bother to log on) and about 18 members a day. Thats pretty good compared to the last few months.

Blossomflower 06-14-2011 10:07 PM

AH! .:Blue:. formerly known as CuteDeeBlue made the adventures of chuck and buck. yes it was pretty awesome. i really liked that story but she's gone now too D:

and well maybe cuz its summer :D i wonder why they don't log in though

FabTab 06-23-2011 10:15 AM

yess!

Oh my goshh(: soo long ago haha. ♥

GoodPolarGirl 06-23-2011 07:51 PM

I remember that at 06-11-2011, 02:31 AM, Blossomflower never addressed GoodPolarGirl in her thread. :p

bluedudeman 06-24-2011 01:38 AM

I remember this too. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl (Post 2188346)
I remember that at 06-11-2011, 02:31 AM, Blossomflower never addressed bluedudeman in her thread. :p

GoodPolarGirl 06-24-2011 04:14 AM

Well, BlossomFlower, I remember how I ordered a userbar from your shop for, like, Thanksgiving, and then after Christmas you logged on and were like, "I assume you don't want it anymore?"

Haha, good times.

acefredfred 06-24-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningBrutus (Post 2188269)
-cough-your story you never finished -cough- LOL

This.

But yeah. I remember just hanging out with friends talking for hours and hours.

lucky33325 06-26-2011 02:51 AM

Hikoik still has the same signature, even tho he doesn't go on anymore. I also don't recall ever having a signature that wasn't made by Flower of Blue. I miss all my spelling mistakes and how people would correct me all the time (big example: Monkey Man stories). OH and the chat. The chat was AWESOME. Good (and awkward) times that VMKF had in there. Its deserted now, but whatevs. And whats with all the guests nowadays? Theres always so many guests on but so little members on.

bluedudeman 06-26-2011 08:55 PM

I want to talk on the chat again. But it's hard to be online at the same time as others.

Blossomflower 07-12-2011 06:34 AM

LOL GPG and bluedudeman. sorry :3 but i remember y'all LOL i remember that happy thanksgiving thing. awkwarddd hehehe sorry about that... LOL

shark, i agree. i don't get why there's so many guests but they dont log in o_O

acefredfred, LOL i can't believe you still remember that story rofl