VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Articles (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   ATTENTION: VMKF! The DOW needs YOUR help! (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147874)

Stemaboat_Tyler 05-17-2008 12:15 PM

I'm going to spend most of my time on VMK now working on this :)

GoodPolarGirl 05-18-2008 09:35 PM

Drat! Just when I was about to take pics VMK Disconnected all of us!

~Polar

TopazR 05-19-2008 08:08 PM

Wow thanks so much to everyone who has helped out! Keep checking back here and keep checking all the other threads. The first post has been kept updated with the links to new and existing "HELP the Wiki" threads.

These past few days new items have come out right and left, so some may not be individually mentioned in the threads. If you have a new item please check UpInTheAir's threads for guidelines and see if you can add those pictures too.

Your help is really appreciated! :)

UpInTheAir 05-20-2008 09:04 AM

Due to unconventional release tactics from VMK...it's becoming harder and harder to keep track of item releases. New thread made specifically for new VMK items, please help us get as much info as possible before it's too late...If you could post any new item information and images here, that would be a great help. Thanks!

TopazR 05-21-2008 09:53 AM

OK everyone - last push. Check your inventories - watch for the new items that are coming at us left and right. It sure would be great to get all these new items fully and properly documented on our wiki. If you have questions as to what is needed check the guidelines in any of the posts linked in the first post of this thread. I know UpInTheAir's threads these last few weeks have resulted in a huge influx of images. All your help in getting these images is vastly appreciated.!!!

UpInTheAir 05-21-2008 08:53 PM

Last day to get pics, please please please do all you can. Also, we need people to make new disney.com accounts to get some of our missing clothing item inventory images.

See: http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140009

evina 06-16-2008 10:21 PM

Can you tell us when they are uploaded?

goofy_bout_mickey 06-16-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinprophet (Post 2010604)
why do ya'll want to document vmk's existance so detailed?
so that we can go back and remember what an amazing game it was?
so we can miss it again?
so others can see and wish they had been able to play it?

really i dont understand why...

Surely you have taken a picture of someone you like or care about and put it in a photo album. It's the same principle. :wave2:

TopazR 06-16-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evina (Post 2041530)
Can you tell us when they are uploaded?

If you browse around our Disneys Online Worlds wiki some, you'll see that these items are being added in over time. Please be patient, as you can imagine UpInTheAir was hit with literally thousands and thousands of images and other bits of information there at the end. She and her editors have been working long and hard to really get all the sections shaped up. Keep checking back, things really are changing daily! :)

UpInTheAir 06-20-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpdot (Post 2044220)
If you are missing something, and having difficulty finding it, please let me know by sending a list, or partial lists. I have a "fair" amount of materials that I have not begun scratch due to my project. I'll get there eventually.

GPDOT

Thanks GPDOT! I think we may just require some of your services. At the moment I've been busy trying to get pictures in and we are making some lists of items that we need to go hunting for. I'll be in touch ;)

As an update to everyone, slowly but surely these images are making their way onto the wiki. The VMKF response was so wonderful, we could not have done it without all of you! Keep checking the wiki as we add more pages, more images, and more information! Not only are we making sure the wiki has recent information, we're also making sure that old information gets added as well. Been digging around in the archives to bring you some blasts from the past! Let's keep these VMK Memories alive.

Pages are being added everyday:

For example....did you ever take the time to read the VMK In-Game Help Guide?

Want to relive Hula's last quest?

For some of us that were playing VMK in 2005 remember the Thanksgiving Quest? (and for those who weren't players then...something new!)

Do you remember which T-Shirt you wore to vote for the dragon in the 2005 Voting poll event?

Not sure where to find something on the wiki? I'm happy to point you in the right direction or let you know that what you're searching for is still in the process of being added. So relive those VMK memories and explore our wiki :)

Pisces 06-20-2008 08:32 AM

This is why I love the wiki, now as much as ever, there's so much useful information on anything you didn't know about or missed... *cough*ALL of the holidays*cough* Because I missed a bit even though I started playing during Beta...

mcbeth 07-07-2008 05:34 PM

Hello: I am wigglefritz a long time player of VMK. A friend, avatar, gpdot, made up a great program with pictures of VMK. You can go to all the lands, go on the Alice or Pan ride, Jungle cruise. It is great. made me cry. He is always adding to it. Maybe there are some pictures he will let you use. Enjoy!

GoodPolarGirl 07-07-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbeth (Post 2057590)
Hello: I am wigglefritz a long time player of VMK. A friend, avatar, gpdot, made up a great program with pictures of VMK. You can go to all the lands, go on the Alice or Pan ride, Jungle cruise. It is great. made me cry. He is always adding to it. Maybe there are some pictures he will let you use. Enjoy!

I think we already have all of the room pictures. Thanks though :mickey:

~Polar

Destination 01-10-2009 04:43 AM

I'm not sure if this was listed on the list. But when I was going through the VMK Cards, I noticed that the 50th Celebration Director's Chair didn't have a picture of the card. I found a picture for it:

Ugh. The link didn't work. I'll try to PM it to UpInTheAir

Miketic 08-03-2012 05:54 AM

I know I'm a few years late but am I still able to share some pictures and assist with this project?